Recipes for pakistani recipes
Looking for Pakistani Recipes? Evernewrecipes has more than 500 authentic Pakistani Recipes complete with ratings and tips.Sponsored Links:
- 250 gm Chicken Mince
- 1 cup Fresh bread crumbs
- ¾ tablespoon Salt
- ¾ tablespoon Black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon Onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Vinegar
- 2 tablespoon Coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 2 Green chilies, finely chopped
- 1 Egg, beaten
- Breadcrumbs for coating
- In a bowl add chicken mince, onion, garlic, ginger, green chilies, coriander leaves, egg, salt, black pepper, vinegar and breadcrumbs.
- Make into small hard bites.
- Coat Chicken Bites with breadcrumbs then deep fry.
- Once chicken bites will become golden brown, take them off in a serving dish.
Pakistani Chicken Kofta Curry Ingredients:
- Mutton, boneless 1 kg
- Onions 2 nos.
- Besan (roasted) 2 1/2 tbsps.
- Egg 1 no.
- Ginger, finely cut 2?inch piece.
- Green chilies, finely cut 6 nos.
- Red chili powder 1 tsp.
- Salt To Taste.
- Oil for frying.
For the curry:
- Onions 3 nos.
- Garlic 3-5 cloves.
- Ginger 1 1/2? inch piece.
- Haldi powder 1 tsp.
- Tomatoes, boiled & skinned 1 cup.
- Coriander leaves 2 tsps.
- Red chili powder 1 tsp.
- Garam masala 1 tsp.
- Salt to taste
How to make Pakistani Chicken Kofta Curry:
- For the koftas, mince the meat with all the other ingredients.
- Remove the mixture and shape into balls.
- Deep fry these balls till golden brown and keep aside.
- For the curry, fry the onions, garlic and ginger till golden brown.
- Add the rest of the curry ingredients with enough water to make a gravy.
- Bring to a boil, add the fried koftas and simmer for 45 mins.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves before serving.
- Serve with Roti or Nan
Pakistani Chicken Karahi Ingredients:
- 1 kg. chicken, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 kg. tomatoes, chopped
- 2 green chilies, finely cut
- 2 tsp. fresh ginger paste
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. red chillies
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper powder
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup curd
- Fresh green coriander leaves, finely chopped
How to make Pakistani Chicken Karahi:
- Put chicken in Karahi and add 1/2 cup oil and 1 tsp salt.
- Fry the chicken for about 10 to 15 minutes untill it become light golden.
- Add tomatoes, red and black chillies in it keep it on fire until water of tomatoes dried off.
- Now add curd green chillies and coriander leave fry for 2 to 3 minutes .
- Serve hot with tandori nan.
Pakistani Chicken Shorba Ingredients:
- 1 Whole Chicken
- 2 Green Chillies (Hari Mirch) (slit longways) (more or less may be used depending on spice preferance.)
- 1 tsp. whole Garlic (Lehsan) (chopped)
- 3 Bay Leaves (Tezz Patta)
- ½ tsp. Cumin Seeds (Sufaid Saabut Zeera)
- 1 tsp. White Pepper Powder
- ½ tsp. Garam Masala Powder
- Salt (to taste)
- 30 grams All Purpose Flour (Maida)
- 1 tsp. Cooking Oil
How to make Pakistani Chicken Shorba:
- Cut whole chicken in pieces. Boil chicken pieces in water for about 15 minutes, or until it is a little cooked. Drain chicken pieces and remove the skin and throw skin away. Now remove meat from chicken bones and set bones aside.
- Cut chicken meat into half centimeter dice. Take a deep heavy based pan and add the chicken to it. To chicken add: 1 ¼ liters of water, garlic, bay leaves and green chillies. Bring to a boil on medium heat. Simmer for half an hour. Strain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the cumin seeds. Once the seeds crackle add in the all-purpose flour and mix. Cook for a minute on low heat and add the chicken pieces, white pepper powder, garam masala powder and salt. Bring to a boil, mix and take off heat.
Fish Pulao Ingredients:
- Boneless fish – 500 gm
- Basmati rice – 400 gm
- Onion paste – 115 gm
- Ginger – 5 gm
- Green chillies paste – 2 nos
- Pepper corns – 10 gm
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala – 1 tsp
- Chilly powder – As reqd
- Salt – As reqd
- Potatoes – 50 gm
- Ghee – 50 gm
- Oil – 250 gm
- Lemon juice – As reqd
How to make Fish Pulao:
- Marinate fish by adding limejuice, salt, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, chilly powder and mix well. Keep it aside for about ½ an hour.
- Slice the onions and chop ginger and garlic.
- Cook the marinated fish adding little water in a closed container.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Saute onion, ginger and garlic.
- When it turns brown, add only the cooked masala water to this along with the limejuice.
- Heat ghee in a pan and fry the rice in it.
- Add the fried rice to the masala water. If required, add water to make it double the quantity of rice.
- Add little salt and top it with half-cooked fish. Cook for about 20 minutes.
Sooji Halwa Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup sooji (rava, semolina flour)
- 1/4 cup ghee (clear butter)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2cup water
- Pinch of cardamom powder
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds for garnish
How to make Sooji Halwa:
- Boil the water with sugar, and cardamom powder in a pan over low medium heat. Bring to a boil and Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan on medium heat.
- Add sooji and roast to golden brown color; stirring constantly this will take about 5 to 8 minutes. Sooji will be golden brown in color and will have a light sweet aroma.
- Add the syrup slowly, as you add the syrup to sooji water will splatter.
- Turn down the heat to medium low and let it cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- Sooji will absorb the water, as the Halwa cools so keep Halwa a little more softer then you want.
Garnish with almonds.
Mawa Misri Ingredients:
- 100 g Cottage Cheese (paneer)
- 100 g Khoya
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- 5 Cardamoms, powdered
- 20 Nuts, chopped (for garnish)
How to make Mawa Misri Ladoo:
- Take a bowl and put all cottage cheese (paneer) in it. Knead it properly.
- Sieve the khoya in another bowl and then mix it with cottage cheese.
- Add sugar and cardamom powder to it and mix well again.
- Now, make small balls from the mixture and garnish them with chopped nuts.
- Store them in the refrigerator.
Ingredients for Cheesesteak Pizza
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 small sweet red pepper, cut into 1/8-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli roast beef, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 jar (6 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
How to make Cheesesteak Pizza
- Place crust on a 14-in. pizza pan; set aside. In a large skillet, saute onion and red pepper in oil for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add beef and mushrooms; cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until heated through. Drain. Stir in the seasonings.
- Spread meat mixture over crust to within 1/2 in. of edge. Combine the cheeses; sprinkle over pizza. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until the crust is golden and the cheese is melted. Cut into wedges.
Prep/Total Time: 30 min.
Spicy Dal Ingredients:
2 cups Daal (Any sort of pulse you desire).
- Water As required
- 1 teaspoon Peppers
- Cinnamon one inch piece
- 6 green chillies
- 1 cup Ghee
- Salt To taste
- Red chili powder To taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon Garam masalah
- 2 tablespoon Ginger and garlic paste
- 2 Onions (cut to slices)
- 2 Tomatoes(cut into small cubes)
- Lemons(optional) For garnishing
- Mint leaves(optional) for garnishing
- Fresh carder(Dhania) for garnishing(optional)
How to make Pakistani Spicy Dal
- Soak the pulse in water over night.
- Take it in a pot, add water enough to make it tender.
- Add salt, red chili powder, turmeric powder, peppers, cinnamon, and green chillies to it. Boil until the pulse becomes tender and homogeneous with water. Never stir while boiling with any steel utensil otherwise daal will turn hard.
- In a frying pan, take ghee, add onion slices on melting and fry till they get light brown.
- Add ginger and garlic paste to it. After a short while add tomatoes, a pinch of salt, red chillies and fry till the mixture turns into a smooth gravy.
- Add this mixture to the boiling daal and stir with any wooden spoon.
- Dish out and garnish with garam masalah, carder, mint leaves and lemon slices. Serve with rice.
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 package unsweetened Kool-Aid, any flavor
- Crushed ice
How to make Gola Ganda(Snow Cones):
- Place the sugar and water in a medium pan and bring to a full boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in the Kool-Aid.
- Cool to room temperature, then place in the refrigerator until chilled.
- Pour over crushed iced.
- Gola Ganda or Snow cones is ready to serve.