Paho Chicken Ingredients
1 kg Chicken, cut into small pieces
- 3 large size tomato, finely chopped
- 2 tsp Ginger paste
- 2 tsp garlic paste
- 2 tsp Chilli powder
- 4 tbsp Oil
- Salt to taste
- Onion mixture
- 3 large size onions, finely chopped
- 4 Green chillies, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- Garam masala pinch
- 6 tbsp oil
How to make Paho Chicken
- In a very shallow pan heat oil and fry the chicken pieces on high heat. Lower heat, add ginger / garlic paste, stir and cook. Add tomatoes and simmer for five – 6 minutes. Stir and add the chilli powder and salt, mix well. Cook till oil separates from spices.
- Onion mixture: In the saucepan heat oil and fry onions on medium heat until light brown. Add cumin seeds, green chillies and coriander powder, always cook on low heat a couple of more minutes. Add the onion mixture to chicken gravy, stir to mix on medium heat, convey a little hot water towards the gravy. Cover the saucepan and simmer for Ten minutes on low heat.
- Sprinkle garam masala powder on chicken before serving.
- Paho Chicken is ready to serve.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
yield: 6 servings