1 stick Butter
- 1/2 cup chopped White Onion
- 1/2 cup chopped Celery
- 1/4 cup chopped Green Bell Pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced Garlic
- 1/4 cup finely diced Bacon
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 3 cups Chicken Stock
- 2 cups Oyster Liquor
- 1/2 pint Whipping Cream
- 2-3 dozen Oysters
- 1/4 cup sliced Green Onions
- 1/4 cup chopped Fresh Parsley
- ½ teaspoon Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- dash Tabasco
How to make Oyster Stew
- Include butter to stockpot. Melt over medium heat.
- Sauté onion, celery, bell pepper, and minced garlic till onion is actually soft, regarding Five minutes.
- Stir in bacon.
- Stir in flour, stirring continuously till well combined.
- Mix within chicken stock and oyster liquor progressively to maintain mixture.
- Bring to a steam over medium-high heat.
- Decrease heat in order to reduced. Simmer Half an hour.
- Stir within whipping cream, oysters, sliced green onion, chopped fresh parsley, fresh ground black pepper, as well as Tabasco marinade.
- Simmer 20 minutes.
Oyster Stew is ready to serve.