Recipes for orange pudding
- Bread 6 slices
- Cream 1 packet
- Milk 2 cup
- Butter 50 gm
- Dry fruits 50 gm
- Orange juice 2 tbsp
- Marmalade 4 tbsp
- Sugar ½ cup
Ingredients for Marmalade Sauce
- Food color a pinch
- Marmalade ½ cup
- Corn flour 1 tsp
- Orange juice 2 tbsp
- Lemon juice 2 tbsp
How to make Orange Marmalade Pudding
- Spread 50 gm butter and 4 tbsp marmalade on 6 bread slices.
- Now cut each slice into triangular shape.
- Put bread in a baking dish, spread dry fruits on top.
- In other bowl beat together 2 cups milk, ½ cup sugar, 1 packet cream and 2 eggs.
- Pour this mixture on top of bread slices.
- Bake in a preheated oven of 180 degrees for 30 minutes.
Method for Marmalade Sauce
- In a pan, put together ½ cup marmalade, 1 tsp corn flour, 2 tbsp orange juice, 2 tbsp lemon juice and a pinch of food color.
- Cook till sauce thickens.
- Spread on top of prepared pudding.
Orange Marmalade Pudding is ready to serve.
Orange Pudding Ingredients
1/2 cup orange juice
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 1/2 teaspoons unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
How to make Orange Pudding
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the orange juice in a small saucepan and reduce over medium-high heat to 1/4 cup. Using 1 1/2 teaspoons of the butter, lightly butter 6 (3/4-cup) ramekins. Place the ramekins in a large baking dish or roasting pan and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl cream together the sugar, remaining 2 tablespoons butter, and orange zest. Add the egg yolks 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the flour. Gradually add the orange juice; don’t worry if the mixture looks curdled or appears to be separating. Stir in the milk.
- In a separate bowl beat the egg whites until they just hold stiff peaks. Gently fold the egg whites into the yolk mixture in 3 additions. Do not overmix; the mixture will appear thin.
- Divide the pudding cake mixture among the ramekins and add enough hot water to the baking dish to come half way up the sides of the ramekins. Cover the ramekins with a sheet of parchment paper that has been coated on one side with a non-stick baking spray. Bake until the pudding cakes are puffed and lightly firm to the touch, 30 to 35 minutes. Remove from the oven and transfer ramekins to a wire cooling rack to cool slightly.
- Dust lightly with powdered sugar and garnish with a sprig of mint. Serve hot or warm.
Orange Pudding is ready to serve.
Prep 30 min
Cook 40 min
Total: 1 hr 10 min
Steamed Orange Pudding Ingredients:
Butter – 125 gms
- Brown sugar – 125 gms
- Eggs – 2, slightly beaten
- Flour – 125 gms
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Cocoa powder – 1 tsp
- Grated lemon rind – 1 tsp
- Orange juice (fresh) – 80 ml
How to make Steamed Orange Pudding
- Mix butter and sugar until smooth.
- Gradually add slightly beaten eggs and whisk thoroughly.
- Mix orange juice and grated lemon.
- Separately sieve together flour, cocoa powder and baking powder.
- Now add the flour to the above mixture.
- Mix together and put in a greased and dusted mould.
- Steam the pudding in a double boiler in a oven for 2 hours at 240F.
- Decorate with orange slices and serve with custard sugar.
Steamed Orange Pudding is ready to serve.