Macaroni and Cheese with Bacon and Onions Ingredients
1 recipe Creamy Macaroni and Cheese
- 1/2 pound thick-sliced bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
How to make Macaroni and Cheese with Bacon and Onions
- Follow the recipe for Creamy Macaroni and Cheese using Vermont white cheddar.
- Fry bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until crisp, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Pour off all but 3 tablespoons of bacon drippings. Add onions and thyme; saute until soft and golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Stir bacon and onions into macaroni. Serve hot.
- Macaroni and Cheese with Bacon and Onions Recipe is ready to serve.