Onion Cheese Bread Ingredients
1 (1 pound) loaf unsliced French bread
- 8 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, cut into 1/8-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 4 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
How to make Onion Cheese Bread
- Cut bread lengthwise down the middle to within 1/2 in. of bottom. Cut diagonally into 1-in. slices to within 1/2 in. of bottom. Cut diagonally into 1-in. slices to within 1/2 in. of bottom. Repeat cuts in the opposite direction. Stuff bread with cheese and onions. Place on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 24 in. x 12 in.).
- Combine the butter, lemon juice and mustard; drizzle over bread. Fold foil around bread. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 425 degrees F for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Unwrap; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until bread is lightly crisp. Cut into pieces; serve warm.
Onion Cheese Bread is ready to serve.
Prep Time:15 Min
Cook Time:25 Min
Ready In:40 Min
Servings : 8