Olive bread Ingredients
2 1/4 cups bread and pizza plain flour
- 2 teaspoons instant dried yeast
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
- 2 teaspoons milk
How to make Olive bread
- Sift 2 cups flour into a large bowl. Stir in yeast, sugar and salt. Create a well in the middle. Add water. Mix well to form a soft dough. Prove onto a lightly floured surface. Knead for Ten minutes, gradually adding remaining flour, or until smooth and elastic.
- Place dough in a lightly oiled bowl.
- Cover with lightly greased plastic wrap.
- Reserve in a very warm spot for 60 minutes or until doubled in dimensions.
- Preheat oven to 190°C/170°C fan-forced.
- Grease a huge baking tray.
- Place olives on the plate.
- Pat dry with paper towel to absorb any liquid.
- Utilizing your fist, punch dough down.
- Turn out onto a floured surface.
- Add onions and olives. Knead until combined.
- Shape dough in a 20cm round.
- Put on prepared tray.
- Brush with milk.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown and hollow when tapped on top.
- Ascend to tray for five minutes.
- Transfer with a wire rack too cool.
- Olive bread is ready to serve.
Make the most of summer entertaining with pasta salad recipes.