Old Fashioned Chicken Fricassee Ingredients
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 (6-ounce) skinned chicken breast halves
- 2 teaspoons butter or stick margarine
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups (3-inch) julienne-cut carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
How to make Old Fashioned Chicken Fricassee
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add chicken; toss well to coat. Remove chicken from bag; reserve flour mixture. Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add chicken, breast sides down; sauté 5 minutes or until chicken is browned. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm.
- Add onion, celery, and garlic to pan; sauté 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in reserved flour mixture; cook 1 minute. Add broth and wine; bring to a boil. Add carrot. Return chicken to pan, breast sides up. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 25 minutes or until chicken is done. Sprinkle with the chopped parsley.
Old Fashioned Chicken Fricassee is ready to serve.
Yield: 4 servings