Oat Mushroom Patties Ingredients
One medium potato, peeled and grated
- Two eggs
- One Cup quick-cooking dry oats
- One 4-ounce can mushroom stems and pieces, drained,
- reserve liquid.
- One envelope onion soup mix
- 2 TBS cooking oil
- 1 tsp Accent (optional)
- ½ tsp sweet basil
- Food Grater
FOR THE GRAVY:
- One Can Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 TBS Soy Sauce
How to make Oat Mushroom Patties
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Assemble your ingredients. Grate the potato with the food grater.
- In a medium-sized bowl, blend the grated potato, the eggs, and the oats together, allowing the oats to absorb moisture.
- Drain the mushroom stems and pieces, saving the liquid in a measuring cup. Add the mushrooms, the onion soup mix, and the seasonings to the oatmeal mixture. Mix until well blended.
- Form the oatmeal mixture into four patties. Fry in hot oil until browned on both sides.
- While the oatmeal patties are browning, make the gravy. In a separate bowl, mix together the cream of mushroom soup and the soy sauce. Add the juice from the drained mushrooms, adding enough water to make ½ cup, and mix until well-blended and the mushroom soup is smooth.
- Mushroom Stuffing Recipe is ready to serve.