Swedish Nuts II Ingredients
2 egg whites
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pound pecan halves
- 1/2 cup butter
How to make Swedish Nuts II
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks begin to form. Add sugar, salt and vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form and turn glossy. Fold in nuts and coat well with the egg white mixture.
- Melt butter in a 9×13 inch baking pan by placing pan in the oven. Evenly spread coated nuts over melted butter in pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes, stirring and turning nuts about every 8 minutes, or until butter no longer remains in pan. Place hot nuts on foil and allow to cool. May be stored in an airtight container for several weeks!
- Swedish Nuts II is ready to serve.