Lamb Shawarma Ingredients
1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3/4 teaspoon ground mace
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 5 pounds boneless lamb shoulder, cut into 1/4-inch-thick strips
How to make Lamb Shawarma
- Place the yogurt, water, lemon juice, vinegar, olive oil, onion, and garlic into a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk in the salt, black pepper, cumin, nutmeg, clove, mace, and cayenne pepper until evenly blended.
- Mix in the lamb strips to coat.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and marinate in the refrigerator 12 to 24 hours (the longer the better).
- Heat a large skillet over high heat.
- Cook the lamb strips in a single layer in batches until the fat melts and the meat has browned and is no longer pink on the inside, about 5 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Lamb Shawarma is ready to serve.
Prep Time: 30 Min
Cook Time: 20 Min
Ready In: 12 Hrs 50 Min
Yield 8 shawarma serving.