Recipes for Nut
Chocolate Nut Fudge Rolls Ingredients
2 tablespoons butter
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 3 cups chopped walnuts
How to make Chocolate Nut Fudge Rolls
- In a large heavy saucepan, melt butter and chocolate over low heat. Add sugar, milk, honey and salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Cover and continue to boil for 2 minutes. Uncover and cook, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reads 240° (soft-ball stage). Remove from the heat; stir in vinegar.
- Let cool to 110°. Add vanilla; beat vigorously until mixture thickens and loses it gloss, about 8-10 minutes. Turn onto a buttered baking sheet. Let stand until cool enough to handle. Knead for 2-3 minutes. Shape into 4-in. x 1-1/2-in. rolls. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets; chill for 3-4 hours.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip rolls in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Roll in nuts. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets and chill until firm. Cut into 1/4-in. slices.
Chocolate Nut Fudge Rolls is ready to serve.
Prep: 30 min. + chilling Cook: 25 min. + cooling
Apple Cranberry Nut Pie Ingredients
2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, chopped
- 1 3/4 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
How to make Apple Cranberry Nut Pie
- In a large bowl, combine cranberries, apple, almonds and orange peel. In another bowl, combine sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt; add to fruit mixture and toss gently. Line a 9-in. pie plate with the bottom crust; add filling. Drizzle with butter. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie. Place over filling; cut slits in top crust. Seal and flute edges. Bake at 400 degrees F for 45 minutes or until golden brown. Cool before serving.
- Apple Cranberry Nut Pie Recipe is ready to serve.
Banana Nut Pancakes Ingredients
1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup whipped topping
- 1 cup pancake mix
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium ripe banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
How to make Banana Nut Pancakes
- In a small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Mix in whipped topping (mixture will be stiff); set aside.
- In a bowl, combine pancake mix and sugar. Beat egg, milk and oil; add to pancake mix and mix well. Fold in banana and pecans. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top of pancakes. Cook until second side is golden brown. Serve with cream topping.
- Banana Nut Pancakes Recipe is ready to serve.
Prep Time:10 Min
Cook Time:10 Min
Ready In:20 Min
Banana Nut Bread Baked in a Jar Ingredients
2/3 cup shortening
- 2 2/3 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups mashed bananas
- 2/3 cup water
- 3 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
How to make Banana Nut Bread Baked in a Jar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease insides of 8 (1 pint) straight sided, wide mouth canning jars.
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, bananas, and water. Sift together flour, baking powder, soda, salt, cinnamon, and cloves. Add to banana mixture. Stir in nuts.
- Pour mixture into greased WIDE MOUTH pint jars, filling 1/2 full of batter. Do NOT put lids on jars for baking. Be careful to keep the rims clean, wiping off any batter that gets on the rims.
- Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 45 minutes. Meanwhile, sterilize the lids and rings in boiling water.
- As soon as cake is done, remove from oven one at a time, wipe rims of jars and put on lid and ring. Jars will seal as cakes cool. Place the jars on the counter and listen for them to “ping” as they seal. If you miss the “ping”, wait until they are completely cool and press on the top of the lid. If it doesn’t move at all, it’s sealed.
- Jars should be eaten immediately or kept sealed in refrigerator for up to a week.
- Banana Nut Bread Baked in a Jar Recipe is ready to serve.
Prep Time:10 Min
Cook Time:45 Min
Ready In:1 Hr 5 Min