Home / Tag Archives: Noorjehani
Murgh Noorjehani Ingredients:
- 1 Chicken
- 6 tblsp Clarified Butter (Ghee)
- 4 Bay Leaf (Tej Patta)
- 1/4 tsp Saffron (Kesar), soaked in lukewarm milk
- 3 meduim sized Onion (Pyaj)
- 2 cups beaten Curd (Dahi)
- 1/2 ” Ginger (Adrak)
- 8 pods Garlic (Lasun)
- 4 Green Chillies
- 4 Cloves (Lavang)
- 1 ” Cinnamon (Tuj/Dalchini)
- 3 Brown Cardamom (Elaichi Moti)
- 1 tsp Aniseed (Sauf)
- 2 boiled eggs
- 2 -3 Almonds Few Sultanas
How to make murg noorjehani:
- First grind ginger, garlic, green chillies, cloves, cinnamom, cardamoms, aniseed to a fine paste.
- Now prick the chicken well with a fork.
- Mix curd with ground spices and rub it over the chicken.
- Set it aside and allow the chicken to marinate for 3 – 4 hours.
- Heat ghee, fry bay leaves, add onions and let them brown well.
- Add the chicken along with marinade.
- Cook on medium flame till nearly done.
- Add salt and saffron and fry chicken till the masal begins to coat the chicken and it is well brown.
- Pour the chicken in a dish and top it with silver foil.
- Also add chopped boiled eggs, almonds sliced and fried sultanas.
- Serev with fried rice, nan and paranthas.