Home / Tag Archives: nawabi Biryani
Tag Archives: nawabi Biryani
Nawabi Biryani Ingredients:
- 325 gms Basmati Rice
- 1/2 kg. Mutton (cut in pieces)
- 3 Onions (sliced)
- 1/2 tbsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 3 small-sized Red Chilies
- 1 piece Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Curd (beaten)
- 3 Green Cardamom
- 5 Pepper
- 5 Cloves
- 1/2 tsp Shahjeera
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/4 cup Milk, with saffron
- 1 pinch Coriander/Pudina (chopped)
- Jardalu (5 apricots )
- Dry Fruits
- Ghee, as required
How to make Nawabi Biryani:
- Fry the dry fruits & apricots in 2½ tbsp ghee, with a little salt (to taste).
- Now, grind the fried onions and red chilies, to make a fine paste.
- Marinate the mutton pieces with curd, ginger-garlic paste, onion paste, turmeric powder and salt.
- In a pressure cooker, heat ghee, add the marinated mutton and cook till done.
- Heat ghee again in another vessel, add the whole spices, fry for a while and then add the washed rice.
- Add salt and warm water, enough that it comes 1½ inch above the rice. Cook till the rice is done.
- Remove the rice from the pan, spread out to cool and remove the whole spices.
- To assemble, apply ghee to a heavy bottomed vessel, add the cooked mutton and sprinkle some garam masala.
- Cover with a layer of rice, followed by melted ghee and then the saffron milk.
- Lastly, add the fried nuts, cover tightly and keep on dum for 15-20 minutes.
- Mix and serve, hot garnished with chopped coriander & pudina.