Home / Tag Archives: Nauratan
Nauratan Sabzi Korma Ingredients:
- 1.kg Chicken breast or mini breast fillets
- 1 heaped tablespoon of finely grated fresh ginger
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 150g thick (plain) yogurt
- 1 dried red chilli
- 2 finely chopped onions
- 1 tbsp ghee or veg. oil
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 75g creamed coconut
- salt, to taste
- 2 heaped tbsps ground almonds
- finely chopped Coriander Leaves, to garnish
- juice of 1/2 lemon
How to make Nauratan Sabzi Korma:
- Cut the chicken breasts into bite sized chunks
- Mix the chicken with the ginger, garlic and yogurt. Cover and marinade for 12 hours or in the fridge overnight.
- Liquidise the chopped onion and red chillies, add a little water if you need to. blend til smooth.
- Heat the ghee/oil in a pan.
- Add the ground coriander, ground black pepper, turmeric and garam masala and stir fry for about 1-minute over a low heat.
- Turn up the heat, add the onion and chilli paste and stir fry for 10-minutes.
- Add the chicken and the marinade and continue to stir fry for another 10-minutes.
- Add the creamed coconut and enough water to *just* cover the chicken and bring to the boil, stirring until the coconut is dissolved. Stir in the ground almonds.
- Reduce heat to low, cover the pan and simmer until the chicken is tender (30-40 minutes).
- Remove from heat, add lemon juice and salt to taste. Mix well.