Nana’s Southern Pickled Peaches Ingredients
4 cups sugar
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons whole cloves
- 4 pounds fresh clingstone peaches, blanched and peeled
- 5 (3 inch) cinnamon sticks
How to make Nana’s Southern Pickled Peaches
- Combine the sugar, vinegar and water in a large pot, and bring to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes. Press one or two cloves into each peach, and place into the boiling syrup. Boil for 20 minutes, or until peaches are tender.
- Spoon peaches into sterile jars and top with liquid to 1/2 inch from the rim. Put one cinnamon stick into each jar. Wipe the rims with a clean dry cloth, and seal with lids and rings. Process in a hot water bath for 10 minutes to seal, or consult times recommended by your local extension.
- Nana’s Southern Pickled Peaches is ready to serve.
Prep Time:1 Hr
Cook Time:25 Min
Ready In:1 Hr 25 Min