Knackebrod or Nakkila Ipa Ingredients:
1 1/3 cups rye flour, whole wheat is fine
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup milk, plus 1 T more if needed
How to make Knackebrod or Nakkila Ipa
- Combine flour, sugar and salt in mixing bowl or food processor and cut or pulse in butter.
- Gradually add the milk with a spoon or pulse until you have a stiff dough.
- On a lightly floured board roll out as thin as you can.
- Cut dough into strips about 2″x3″ and punch lots of small holes in each.
- Bake at 300 on lightly greased pan until lightly browned- about 10 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack then store at room temperature.
- Will keep 5-7 days.
- Knackebrod or Nakkila Ipa is ready to serve.
Prep Time: 25 mins
Total Time: 25 mins