Badshahi Naan Ingredients
10 cups / 1 kg Refined flour (maida)
- 2 tsp / 8 gm Yeast, granulated
- 2 tsp / 8 gm Sugar
- 1 cup / 200 ml Water, lukewarm
- 4 tsp / 20 gm Butter
- 1 cup / 180 ml warm milk
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 tsp / 11/2 gm Onion seeds (kalonji)
- Salt to taste
- Oil or Ghee for deep-frying
How to make Badshahi Naan
- Mix the yeast, sugar, and water together.
- Keep aside for .
- Sift the flour and salt.
- Rub within the butter till the mixture becomes crumbly.
- Add the yeast mixture, milk, and eggs; knead in to a smooth, elastic dough.
- Cover using a damp cloth and retain in a warm place to rise.
- It ought to rise to almost double its volume.
- Knead again and divide the dough into 16 balls.
- Roll each out into a 3/4”-thick disc.
- Lay the discs with a greased tray, sprinkle the onion seeds.
- Allow the discs rise again till they double in proportions.
- Deep-fry the discs inside a wok till golden brown.
- Remove and drain the excess oil.
- Badshahi Naan is able to serve, hot.
Prep time: 30 min.
Cook time: 20 min.
Yield: 6 Serves