Recipes for mutton
Looking for Mutton Recipes? EvernewRecipes has more than 2,000 trusted mutton recipes, all created, tested, reviewed and approved by home cooks. Find recipes for quick and easy mutton recipes and much more.Sponsored Links:
Chanay ki Daal Ingredients
1/2 kg Gram pulse
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp Red chilli
- 1 sliced onion
- 1/2 kg Meat or chicken
- 2 tsp Ginger garlic paste
- 1 cup curd
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp All spices powder
- Whole all spices
- Green chillies
- 1/2 tsp Green cardamom powder
- 1 tsp Cummin seed
- Coriander leaves
- Mint leaves
How to make Chanay ki Daal
- Take a pan and boil gram pulse with ginger paste, salt, red chilli powder and turmeric powder.
- Fry onion until light brown put cardamom powder, cumminseed and 1 tablespoon ginger and garlic paste now add chicken or meat and mix well.
- Put curd whole all spices, black pepper 10-12, 6-7 cloves, 3-4 cinnamon stick and 2 cardamom, turmeric, 2 tsp red chilli powder, 1 tsp salt all spices powder 2 tsp mix well and fry.
- Chop tomatoes and put coriander leaves and green chillie cover with lid and cook.
- Put boiled gram pulse little water and mint leaves cover and steam.
- Chanay ki Daal is ready to serve with roti or naan.
Prep Time: 10-15 min
Cook Time: 40-50 min
Yield: 4-5 servings
Mutton Nihari Ingredients:
Mutton – 1 kg
- All purpose flour (Maida) – 2 tablespoons dissolved in 1/4 cup of water
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Cinnamon stick – 1
- Bay leaves – 2
- Cardamom – 2
- Cloves – 8
- Garam masala – 2 tablespoons
- Ginger garlic paste – 2 tablespoons
- Chilli powder- 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Yogurt – 3 tablespoons
- Ghee or cooking oil – 1/2 cup
- Nutmeg – Few pinches
- Make it as a powder
- Fennel seeds – 2 tablespoons
- 1/2 teaspoon whole black peppercorn
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seed
- Ingredients For Garnishing:
- 1 Onion fried to brown
- 2 Green chillies chopped
- 2 Ginger strips sliced
- 3 tablespoons coriander leaves chopped
How to make Mutton Nihari
- Clean the mutton and cut into medium pieces. Heat oil in a pan and add bay leaves, cloves, cinnamon stick and ginger garlic paste. Add the mutton and fry for 2 to 3 minutes. Now add red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, yogurt, garam masala and fry until the oil separates. Add the nutmeg, cardamom, spice masala and 3 cups of water and cook on low heat for 3 to 4 hours. Finally, add the flour and cook for about 10 minutes. Garnish with coriander leaves, ginger, onions and green chillies. You can serve mutton nihari with chappati, naan or rice. Mutton Nihari is a delicious pakistani dish served to please guests. Hope you find this mouth watering Mutton Nihari recipe useful and do not forget to post how it turned out in the comments section given below. Pakistani food recipes are absolutely amazing especially the dishes with mutton as the main ingredient.
- Mutton Nihari is ready to serve.
Black pepper Mutton Ingredients
Lamb- 2 lbs (cut into cubes)
- Green cardamom pods- 1 tablespoon
- Onions- 2 (finely chopped)
- Tomatoes-2 (finely chopped)
- Tomato paste- 1 tablespoon
- Fresh black pepper powder- 2 tablespoon
- Garam masala powder- 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil- 3 tablespoons
How to make Pepper Mutton
- Grind the cardamom pods into a fine powder. Heat the oil
in a pressure cooker and add the cardamom powder and stir. Add the lamb cubes and stir-fry for couple of minutes. Add the onions and tomatoes and stir for another 3 minutes.
- Then add the tomato paste, garam masala powder and salt.
Pour 2 cups of water.
- Close the lid and let it pressure cook for 15 minutes over medium heat. Reduce the pressure quickly by keeping the pressure cooker under the running cold water with lid on. Uncover the lid and let it cook over high heat with the lid opened. Stir in the pepper powder and cook for few more minutes. Serve hot.
- Black pepper Mutton is ready to serve.
Mutton Pasanda Ingredients:
Mutton – 1/2 Kg
- Cream – 1/2 cup
- Curd/yoghurt (Dahi) – 1/2 cup
- Onions (Piyaz)- 2 no’s chopped
- Garlic (Lehsun) – 4 nos chopped
- Ginger (Adrak) – 1 inch piece chopped
- Ghee – 2 tablespoon
- Turmeric powder (Haldi) – 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander powder (Dhaniya) – 2 teaspoon
- Cumin powder (Jeera) – 1 teaspoon
- Garam Masala – 1 teaspoon
- Nutmeg powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- White pepper powder (Safed mirch) – 1/2 teaspoon
- Almond paste (Badam) – 2 tablespoon
- Roasted Almonds(Badam) – 6 no’s
- Coriander leaves (Dhaniya patte) – A few
- Salt to taste
How to make Mutton Pasanda
- Marinate mutton with curd/yoghurt.
- Heat ghee in a pan and sauté the chopped onions, ginger and garlic till it turns golden brown.
- Add turmeric powder, salt, cumin powder, nutmeg powder, pepper powder and coriander powder.
- Add the marinated mutton and little water and cook it for about 30 minutes.
- When mutton is tender, add the almond paste and the cream and add garam masala powder.
- Garnish with roasted almonds and coriander leaves.
- Enjoy hot Mutton Pasanda.
- Mutton Pasanda is ready to serve.
Shan Nihari Ingredients
1kg Beef/Mutton/Chicken, cut into 4-6 large pieces
- 11/2kg Knuckle/Marrow Bones
- 250g Ghee/Oil
- 100-150g Wheat Flour (ferina)
- 1 Onion, finely sliced
- 1/2tsp Garlic Paste
- Shan Nihari Curry Mix
How to make Shan Nihari
- In a large pot, heat 150g of ghee, add the garlic, stir and add the meat, bones and Shan Nihari Mix. Fry for a few minutes and add 10 glasses water.
- Cover and cook on a very low heat until the meat is tender. (For beef 6-8 hours, for mutton 4-6 hours).
- Mix the flour with 3 cups of water and add this gradually to the meat juices, stirring constantly to mix evenly. Remove the bones and cook on a high heat for 15 minutes.
- Heat the remaining ghee and cook the sliced onion until golden brown.
- Add the onions to the Nihari, cover and simmer for 30 minutes on a low heat.
- Shan Nihari Recipe is ready to serve.
- Serve garnished with finely chopped green chillies, ginger and lime juice, accompanied by hot naan breads.
Kashmiri Gustaba Ingredients:
- 500 gms Lamb
- 150 gms Lamb fat
- 1 tsp Fennel seeds
- 1 tsp Cayenne
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1/2 Cup khoya
- 1/2 Cup curd
- 1 Cup milk
- 2 tbsps Ghee
- 1 tsp Kashmiri garam masala
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Ginger powder
- 2 tbsps Oil
- Salt to taste
How to make Gustaba:
- Mix lamb, fat, fennel seeds, ginger and garam masala properly.
- Chop the mixture properly
- Add curd and ghee while chopping
- Once it turns smooth, make balls from this mixture.
- Heat the oil and put garam masala, sugar, khoya, curd and milk.
- Add mutton balls and cook it till it turns tender.
- Gustaba is ready.
- 750 gm Lean minced lamb
- 1 tsp Fresh ginger (grated finely)
- 1 tsp Ground coriander
- 2 Fresh green chilies (finely chopped)
- 1/2 tsp Chili powder
- 2 tsp Garam masala
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1/2 Cup yoghurt
- 1 tbsp Khoya or dried milk (if using khoya, it should be finely mashed)
- 3 tbsp Ghee
- 1/2 tsp Ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp Ground cardamom
How to make Mutsch:
- Put the lamb into a bowl with ginger, chopped chilies, chili powder, coriander, 1 tsp garam masala and 1 tsp salt.
- Add 1 tbsp of the yoghurt to moisten and mix well the spices.
- If the lamb is very lean, little amount of ghee can also be added.
- When done, take a portion of the prepared meat mixture in hand.
- Make a little long oval shaped roll with the help of gentle squeeze and toss movements of hand.
- Repeat the procedure with rest of the lamb mixture.
- Heat ghee in a heavy saucepan.
- Add dried milk, sugar, remaining yoghurt, garam masala & salt.
- Fry the mixture and then add half cup of hot water.
- Bring to boil and then add prepared rolls.
- Cover the pan and simmer until no liquid remains.
- When done, turn the rolls over, add half cup of hot water and pepper.
- Reduce the flame and cover the pan. Simmer again until the liquid is absorbed.
- Sprinkle the dish with cardamom.
- Serve hot with Indian bread and rice.
Mutton Keema Fry Ingredients:
- Beef or mutton mince –
- Tomatoes – 3
- Onion – 1 chopped
- Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Dry coriander (fried and grounded) – 1 tbsp
- White cumin seeds (fried and grounded) – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 ½ tsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 ½ tbsp
- Oil – ½ cup
- Ginger flakes – as required
- Green chillies and fresh coriander – as required
How to make Mutton Keema Fry:
Take a pan or wok, put oil and heat it up. Now add chopped onion and fry until light brown, and then add ginger garlic paste and fry. Then ad salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and chopped tomatoes and fry well. Now add fried cumin seeds and dry coriander along with mince and cook well. Then add water and cover and let it cook till mince is done and the water dries. Then add garam masala powder and mix well and garnish with ginger flakes, green chillies and fresh coriander. Serve with tandoori paratha.
Mutton Sajji Ingredients:
- Whole leg of lamb ….. 2.5-3 kg
- Lemon juice …………. 4tbs
- Garlic paste …………. 1tbsp
- Salt …………………… 3tsp
- Black pepper …………. 2 tsp
- Ground coriander ……. 1tbs
- Nutmeg ………………. 1/4tsp
- Ground cumin ……….. 1tbs
- Yogurt ……………….. 250gm
- Cooking oil …………… 1/2 cup
How to make Mutton Sajji:
- Trim all fat and silver skin from lamb.
- Prick lamb thoroughly with a sharp knife or large fork or cut small slits all over lamb with a sharp knife.
- Place the lamb in a deep baking dish, spread lemon juice all over lamb and rub it into the slits.
- Cover and marinate for an hour.
- Combine garlic paste, salt, black pepper, coriander, nutmeg, cumin and yogurt in a small bowl. mix well.
- Pour the marinade over the lamb and coat well all over.
- Cover and place it back in the refrigerator for 6-8 hours or preferably over night.
- Prepare the grill and grill lamb on an oiled rack set 5-6 inches over glowing coals for 10-15 minutes on each side.
- At the end of cooking time brush lamb with oil.
- Serve it with Nan and Chutney.
Mutton Shashlik Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 lb Mutton boneless
- 2 ea Onions 1/4?d
- 12 ea Mushrooms*
- 1 ea Onion minced
- 3 ea Garlic cloves minced
- 1 c Pomegranate juice**
- 1 tb Cayenne pepper ground
- 1/2 ts Nutmeg ground
- 1 ts Ginger crystallized
- 1 c Olive oil
- 2 tb Juniper berries crushed
How to make Mutton Shashlik:
- Cut mutton into 1? cubes. from thick slices
- Mix marinade ingredients together in a glass bowl.
- Marinate mutton cubes covered 8-12 hrs. in refrigerator.
- Skewer mutton cubes, onion & mushroom & grill to your desired doness.