Home / Tag Archives: mustard seeds
Tag Archives: mustard seeds
Ingredients for Marathi Kadhi
- Yogurt – one bowl
- Gramflour – one heaped tablespoon
- salt – to taste
- sugar – 1 heaped tablespoon
- green chilli – 3/4
- ginger 1 finger sized (my finger :D)
- mustard seeds 1/2 teaspoon
- curry leaves about 15-20
- oil 3 tablespoon
- water 1.5ltr
- crush the ginger and chilli
How to make Marathi Kadhi
- mix the yoghurt and gramflour and whisk together gently (you don’t want butter to come out of the yoghurt now, do you!?) till no lumps, to which add sugar, salt, and water. mix well till uniform and add crushed ginger and chilli.
- heat oil on high in a deap saucepan and add mustard seeds and curry leaves. after 5-10 seconds, add the yoghurt mix and keep stirring till the boil comes. boil for another 5 mins on high heat, stirring regularly, and then turn heat to mid (4 to 5 o’clock) and stir intermittently for 20 mins. Done 🙂
Ingredients for Gujrati Karhi
- 2 tablespoons gram flour
- 2 teacups fresh curds
- 1 teaspoon chilli-ginger paste
- 2 curry leaves
- 2 tablespoons
- sugar (approx.)
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander
- salt to taste
- For the tempering
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- a pinch asafoetida
- 1 red chilli broken into pieces
- 2 teaspoons ghee
How to make Gujrati Karhi
- Mix the gram flour, curds and 3 teacups of water. Beat.
- Add the chilli-ginger paste, curry leaves, sugar and salt and put to boil.
- Boil whilst stirring for a while.
- Prepare the tempering by heating the ghee
- and frying the cumin and mustard seeds until they turn brown. Add the asafoetida and red chilli.
- Add the tempering to the kadhi and boil for a few minutes.
- Sprinkle coriander on top and serve hot.