Mushroom Stuffed Chicken Ingredients
1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 pound button mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs, divided
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/8 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
How to make Mushroom Stuffed Chicken
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- To Make Mushroom Filling: Melt 1/4 cup butter in a small skillet over medium heat.
Add mushrooms, salt and pepper and saute together, stirring, until mushrooms are
dark. Remove skillet from heat; stir in nutmeg and 3/4 cup bread crumbs.
- Spoon mushroom mixture onto the end of each chicken breast, roll up and fasten
with toothpicks. Place seam side down in a lightly greased 9×13 inch baking dish.
Brush 1/8 cup melted butter over breasts, then sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup
bread crumbs. Pour cream over all.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes or until chicken
is cooked through and no longer pink.
Mushroom Stuffed Chicken is ready to serve.
Prep Time:15 Min
Cook Time:30 Min
Ready In:45 Min