Recipes for mushroom
One and a halfonion, chopped
- One and a halfstalk celery, diced
- One and a halfclove garlic, minced
- 1/2 pound. fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons. oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup hulled barley
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 teaspoon. garlic powder
- One teaspoon. dill
- One teaspoon. chopped fresh parsley
- Five cups water
- 1-2 carrots
How to make Barley Mushroom Soup
- In a large pot, combine onion, celery, garlic, and fresh mushrooms along with oil and sauté for five minutes. Include barley, soy sauce, seasonings, as well as water. Provide a boil, as well as simmer for just two to 3 hours. About Forty five moments of all time carried out, include the chopped carrots.
- This soups is surprisingly rich, actually without much oil. I have received numerous favorable reactions through others that have made it.
Barley Mushroom Soup is ready to serve.
Garlic Mushroom Sauce Ingredients:
1 (8 ounce) package fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallot (can use finely chopped onion in place of shallots)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic (can use more)
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
How to make Garlic Mushroom Sauce
- In a large saucpan, cook mushrooms, shallots, garlic, curry powder and crushed red pepper in hot oil until the mushrooms are tender.
- Add in 3/4 cup chicken broth, soy sauce and nutmeg; bring to boiling.
- In a small cup or bowl whisk together wine and cornstarch until smooth.
- Add to the saucepan; cook and stir until smooth and slightly thickened.
Garlic Mushroom Sauce is ready to serve.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 10 mins
Mushroom Risotto Ingredients
8 cups chicken broth, low sodium
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 onion, diced, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced, divided
- 1 pound fresh portobello and crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon truffle oil
- 1-ounce dried porcini mushrooms, wiped of grit
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup fresh Parmesan cheese, grated
- Fresh Italian parsley, for garnish
How to make Mushroom Risotto
- Heat the chicken broth in a medium saucepan and keep warm over low heat.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add 1/2 onion and 1 clove garlic, cook, stirring, until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the fresh mushrooms, herbs and butter. Saute for 3 to 5 minutes until lightly browned, season with salt and pepper. Drizzle in truffle oil then add the dried porcini mushrooms which were reconstituted in1 cup of warm chicken broth. Season again with salt and fresh cracked pepper. Saute 1 minute then remove from heat and set aside.
- Coat a saucepan with remaining 2 tablespoons of oil. Saute the remaining 1/2 onion and garlic clove. Add the rice and stir quickly until it is well-coated and opaque, 1 minute. This step cooks the starchy coating and prevents the grains from sticking. Stir in wine and cook until it is nearly all evaporated.
- Now, with a ladle, add 1 cup of the warm broth and cook, stirring, until the rice has absorbed the liquid. Add the remaining broth, 1 cup at a time. Continue to cook and stir, allowing the rice to absorb each addition of broth before adding more. The risotto should be slightly firm and creamy, not mushy. Transfer the mushrooms to the rice mixture. Stir in Parmesan cheese, cook briefly until melted. Top with a drizzle of truffle oil and chopped parsley before serving.
- Mushroom Risotto is ready to serve.
Beef Stroganoff Cream of Mushroom Ingredients
1 pound boneless beef sirloin steak or beef top round steak
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can Campbell’s® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup or Campbell’s® Condensed 98% Fat Free Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup sour cream or yogurt
- 4 cups hot cooked medium egg noodles
- Chopped fresh parsley
How to make Beef Stroganoff Cream of Mushroom
- Slice beef into very thin strips.
- Heat half the oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Cook beef until browned, stirring often. Set beef aside.
- Add remaining oil. Add onion and cook over medium heat until tender. Pour off fat.
- Add soup and paprika. Heat to a boil. Stir in sour cream and return beef to skillet. Heat through. Serve over noodles. Sprinkle with parsley.
- Beef Stroganoff Cream of Mushroom is ready to serve.
Mushroom Caviar Ingredients
3 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 pound cremini mushrooms, wiped clean and finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup of minced shallots
- 1 Tbsp dry white wine (e.g. Sauvignon Blanc)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 Tbsp pine nuts
- 2 Tbsp sour cream
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp chopped parsley
- A couple dashes of cayenne pepper, to taste
How to make Mushroom Caviar
- Melt butter in a large skillet on high heat. Add the mushrooms and shallots. Sauté for 5 minutes stirring frequently.
- While the mushrooms are cooking, heat a small skillet on high heat. Add the pine nuts. Cook, stirring frequently, until they begin to get a little toasted. (Keep your eyes on the nuts, they can burn pretty quickly.) As soon as they begin to toast, remove the pan from the heat and put the pine nuts into a small bowl. Set aside.
- While the mushrooms are cooking, sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Once they have cooked for about 5 minutes, add the garlic and a tablespoon of dry white wine. Cook for an additional minute and remove from heat. Put mushroom mixture in a bowl, add the toasted pine nuts, and set aside to cool.
- Once the mushrooms have cooled down a bit, mix in the lemon juice, sour cream, and parsley. Add more salt and pepper, if needed, to taste. Sprinkle on cayenne pepper, to taste. Chill before serving.
- Spoon onto a large butter lettuce leaf and serve with crackers. (Use rice crackers for gluten-free option.)
- Mushroom Caviar is ready to serve.
Tuna and Mushroom Casserole Ingredients
2 cups bow tie pasta
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna, drained
- 2 (4.5 ounce) cans mushrooms, drained
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme, crushed
How to make Tuna and Mushroom Casserole
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 1 quart casserole dish.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- In a mixing bowl, combine mushroom soup, milk, salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly. Then add tuna, mushrooms and pasta. Mix thoroughly. Pour mixture into greased casserole dish.
- In another mixing bowl, combine bread crumbs, butter and thyme. Mix well. Sprinkle over the tope of the mixture.
- Bake uncovered in a preheated oven for 40 minutes or until bubbling and golden brown.
- Tuna and Mushroom Casserole Recipe is ready to serve.
Prep Time:10 Min
Cook Time:40 Min
Ready In:50 Min
Sesame Mushrooms ingredients:
¾ lb of mushrooms, sliced thinly.
- 2 tablespoons of scallion greens, thinly sliced.
- 1 tablespoon of water.
- 2 teaspoons of sesame oil.
- 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil.
- Salt and pepper, to taste.
How to make Sesame Mushrooms:
- Heat the sesame and vegetable oils in a large skillet over a moderate heat.
- Cook the mushrooms in the skillet for about 8 minutes, or until the liquid they give off has evaporated and the mushrooms have turned golden.
- Stir in the tablespoon of water, the scallion greens, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook the mixture, stirring, for 1 minute, then serve as desired.
- Sesame Mushrooms Recipe is ready to serve.
Quail Stuffed with Wild Mushrooms Ingredients :
4 large quail
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 x onion, diced
- 2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 cup wild mushroom, sliced
- 2 tbs thyme, chopped
- 2 tbs parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup clarified butter
How to make Quail Stuffed with Wild Mushrooms
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- De-bone the quail from the back, leaving the bird whole.
- Put the olive oil in a heavy-bottomed frying pan over a medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook until caramelized and brown, about15 minutes.
- Add the wild mushrooms and cook for one minute.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the to the breadcrumbs.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Lay the quail out flat and divide the mushroom-onion-breadcrumb stuffing between
the 4 birds, putting the mixture in the middle of the flattened bird.
- Do the same thing with the chopped herbs.
- Re-form the quail to their original shape.
- Place them in a tin foil nest and brush with clarified butter.
- Put the quail in the oven to roast for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven.
- Quail Stuffed with Wild Mushrooms Recipe is ready to serve.
Savory Mushroom Bread Pudding Ingredients:
1 pound cubed day-old rye or hearty white bread
- 2 ounces dried Polish or porcini mushrooms
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 tablespoon + 2 tablespoons + 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large finely chopped onion
- 2 pounds assorted chopped mushrooms (shiitake, king trumpet, oyster, cremini)
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 3/4 cups heavy cream
- 5 large beaten eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup grated hard cheese like Parmigiano Reggiano
How to make Savory Mushroom Bread Pudding
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Place mushrooms in a medium bowl and pour over boiling water. Steep for 30 minutes. Meanhwile, toast the bread cubes in the oven until dry and light golden, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl. Butter a 13-inch-by-9-inch baking pan.
- Lift the mushrooms out of the water being careful not to disturb the sediment at the bottom. Chop them and set aside. Strain the mushroom soaking liquid through a fine-mesh sieve and reserve.
- In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat and add onions. Cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 4 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper and transfer to the bowl with bread cubes.
- Add 2 tablespoons butter to the same skillet and add the chopped fresh mushrooms and garlic. Let cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until golden and any liquid has evaporated. Stir in the chopped reconstituted mushrooms and salt and pepper to taste. When hot, transfer the mushrooms to the bowl of bread crumbs and onions.
- Deglaze the pan by adding the reserved mushroom soaking liquid and scraping the bottom of the pan with a wooden spatula. Reduce the liquid to about 1/4 cup and add to bread mixture, stirring well.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together cream, eggs, salt and pepper to taste. Pour this custard over the bread mixture and combine thoroughly. Transfer to the prepared baking dish and dot the top with remaining 1 tablespoon of butter. Bake uncovered 25 minutes. Sprinkle the top with grated cheese and continue to bake, until the top is golden, the pudding is swollen and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, about 25 minutes more. Serve piping hot.
- Savory Mushroom Bread Pudding Recipe is ready to serve.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 80 minutes
Savory Mushroom Sauce Ingredients
3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
How to make Savory Mushroom Sauce
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and saute about 3 to 5 minutes until onions are translucent. Add mushrooms, basil, salt and pepper and saute an additional 5 to 10 minutes until mushrooms are soft and cooked to desired texture.
- Remove the pan from the heat and blend in flour. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly.
- Return the pan to the heat and cook over medium heat until the sauce thickens and comes to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for an additional 2 or 3 minutes.
- Savory Mushroom Sauce Recipe is ready to serve.
Prep Time:15 Min
Cook Time:15 Min
Ready In:30 Min