Recipes for mirch
- 1kg chicken, cleaned and cut into pieces
- 1/2 c black pepper corns (kali mirch sabut)
- 1 tsp turmeric powder(haldi)
- Salt to taste
- 5 cloves (Laung)
- 1 stem large curry leaves
- 1/2 c tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 10 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 tblsp oil
How to make chicken kali mirch:
- Coarsely grind the pepper corns and along with turmeric and salt mix it with the chicken and refrigerate for an hour.
- Now heat oil in a wok and throw in the cloves first.
- After that put in the garlic and then the onion.
- Once the onions are pink in color add the tomatoes.
- Once the tomatoes start getting a little roasted, add the coriander powder.
- Sauté till oil gets separated from the paste
- Now add a cup of water and the curry leaves.
- Once it starts boling add the marinated chicken.
- Cook covered till the chicken is tender and serve hot with rotis
Keema Hari Mirch Ingredients:
- 1 kilogram Ground Beef (Keema) (lean & minced)
- 3 medium Onions (finely sliced)
- 2 medium Onions (cut in large pieces)
- 125 grams of Green Chillies (Hari Mirch) (split & de-seeded)
- 25 grams of Garlic (Lehsan) (peeled & shredded)
- A bunch of Fresh Coriander Leaves (Hara Dhania) (chopped)
- ½ tsp. Turmeric Powder (Pisi Haldi)
- ½ tsp. Cumin Seeds (Sufaid Zeera)
- 60 ml of Plain Yogurt
- 50 to 100 grams of Clarified Butter (Ghee) or Cooking Oil
How to make Keema Hari Mirch:
- With the minced beef combine the plain yogurt , salt, turmeric powder and cumin seeds and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large pot and cook the sliced onions until they are brown in color. Add the minced mixture and saute well. Pour in about 400 ml of water in the mixture. Simmer until the water is half reduced. then add in the green chillies, onion chunks and garlic.
- Continue cooking until all of the liquid evaporates and the meat is tender. Finally garnish with limejuice and coriander.
Dahi Wali Hari Mirch Ingredients:
- Big Green Chillies 125 gms
- Oil 4 TBsp
- Garlic finely chopped 4-6
- Zeera 2 TBsp
- Salt to taste
- Rai 1/4 tsp
- Kalonji 1/4 tsp
- Methidana 1/4 tsp
- Tamerind (Imli) water 1/2 cup
- Yogurt 3/4 cup
How to make Dahi Wali Hari Mirch:
- Put one cut lenghtwise in each of the green chillies.
- Heat oil in a pan. Put garlic & zeera. Mix. Add Green chillies & mix well. Add rai, kalonji, methidana & salt. Mix & saute. Don’t get it burnt, put little water & cover lid to simmer on low heat. Add imli water & yogurt. Cover lid again, till green chillies become soft.
- When soft, open lid & cook to dry yogurt and a little curry is left.
- It is ready to serve.
- Green thick mirch 8(keep in salt water for half an hour and drain)
- Onion two chopeed
- Ginger one inch grated
- Garlic three grated
- Coriander powder one tsp
- Turmeric powder one tsp
- Salt to taste
- Cumin seeds one tsp
- Coconut grated two tbsp
- Tamarind pulp dissolved in water one and half cup
- Heat oil in wok, fry the drained hari mirch till they change colour,keep aside, add cumin seeds ,once they start spluttering add chopped onions, followed by ginger and garlic ,add turmeric powder,coriander powder, grated coconut and salt keep frying
- Now add the fried hari mirch, further fry for two minutes.
- Add the tamarind pulp dissolved in water, cover and cook for a minute or two.