Recipes for mint
Green Mint Cake Ingredients
1 pkg. white or yellow cake mix (without pudding in mix)
- 4 eggs
- 1 pkg. instant vanilla pudding
- 1/2 c. orange juice
- 1/2 c. vegetable oil
- 1/4 c. water
- 1/4 c. green creme de menthe
- 1 tbsp. vanilla
- 1 sm. can (5 1/4 oz.) Hershey chocolate syrup
How to make Green Mint Cake
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Use tube or bundt pan. Combine all ingredients except chocolate syrup. Beat about 4 minutes. Pour 2/3 batter into baking pan. Mix chocolate syrup with remaining batter. Pour over batter in pan, but do not mix. Bake 45 minutes. Cool and pour chocolate icing over cake.
Green Mint Cake is ready to serve.
Mint and Lemon Chicken Ingredients
2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
How to make Mint and Lemon Chicken
- In a medium bowl, mix together the chicken pieces and garlic. Toss with the flour just to coat, and shake off excess.
- Heat the margarine in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken pieces; cook and stir until browned. Add the mint leaves and lemon juice, cover and steam for about 5 minutes, just until the chicken is cooked through. Do not over cook the chicken or it will be tough.
- Mint and Lemon Chicken is ready to serve.
Prep Time:10 Min
Cook Time:10 Min
Ready In:20 Min
Mint and Lemon Chicken Cutlets Ingredients
1 1/4 pound(s) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh mint, chopped
- Salt and coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 bag(s) (4 ounces) baby watercress
How to make Mint and Lemon Chicken Cutlets
- Heat ridged grill pan over medium-high heat (or prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium-high heat).
- Pound chicken to uniform 1/4-inch thickness if necessary.
- From lemons, grate 1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoons peel and squeeze 3 tablespoons juice. In large bowl, whisk lemon peel and juice, oil, 2 tablespoons mint, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper until dressing is blended.
- Reserve 1/4 cup dressing. In large bowl, toss chicken cutlets with remaining dressing. Place chicken in grill pan and cook 4 to 5 minutes or until juices run clear when breast is pierced with tip of knife, turning over once.
- To serve, toss watercress with reserved dressing and top with chicken. Sprinkle with additional chopped mint for garnish.
- Mint and Lemon Chicken Cutlets is ready to serve.
Mint Chutney Ingredients:
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 cups fresh mint leaves
- 1 green chile pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium onion, cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon tamarind juice or lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water, or as needed
How to make Mint Chutney:
In a food processor, combine the cilantro, mint leaves, chile pepper, salt, onion and tamarind juice. Process to a fine paste, adding enough water to achieve a thick sauce.
Watermelon Salad with Feta and Mint INGREDIENTS
1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- One 8-pound seedless watermelon, scooped into balls with a melon baller or cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks (10 cups), chilled
- 1/2 pound feta cheese, crumbled (2 cups)
- 1 1/4 cups pitted kalamata olives, coarsely chopped (optional)
- 1 small sweet onion, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 cup coarsely chopped mint leaves
How to make Watermelon Salad with Feta and Mint
- In a large bowl, whisk the oil, lemon juice, salt, Tabasco and pepper. Add the watermelon, feta, olives and onion and toss gently. Garnish with the mint and serve.
- Watermelon Salad with Feta and Mint Recipe recipe is ready to serve.
TOTAL TIME: 25 MIN
Raspberry Cream Trifle Ingredients
1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons seedless raspberry jam
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- Chocolate curls and fresh mint
How to make Raspberry Cream Trifle
- In a large bowl, beat the milk, water and extract until blended.
- Add pudding mix; whisk for 2 minutes.
- Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- Cover and chill until mixture is partially set.
- Fold in the whipped cream.
- Place half of the cake cubes in a 2-qt. glass serving bowl.
- Top with half of the cream mixture.
- Carefully spread with jam.
- Sprinkle with 1 cup raspberries.
- Layer with remaining cake cubes, cream mixture and raspberries.
- Garnish with chocolate curls and mint.
- Raspberry Cream Trifle is ready to serve.
Prep/Total Time: 30 min.
Yield: 14-16 Servings
Ginger Mint Tea Ingredients:
- 1 1/4 liters water
- 1/3 cup firmly packed fresh mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 slices lemons
How to make Ginger Mint Tea:
- Combine water, mint and ginger in a pan, simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes; strain, discard mint and ginger.
- Stir in honey.
- Serve tea, hot or chilled, with lemon slices.
Coconut Mint Chutney Ingredients:
- 1 fresh coconut
- 1 bunch of mint leaves
- 1 tbsp. peanut ,roasted, crushed
- 4-5 green chillies
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. sugar
- for seasoning:
- 1 tsp.oil
- 1/4 tsp. mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp. cumin seeds
- 4-5 curry leaves finely chopped
- 1 pinch asafoetida
- 2 dry red chillies
How to make Coconut Mint Chutney:
- Grind all the ingredients (except those for seasoning) together.
- Grind till smooth.
- Heat oil and add the seasoning ingredients. Pour hot oil over the chutney.
- Mix gently.
Iced Mint Tea Ingredients:
- 1 bunch fresh mint, or 2/3 ounce dried mint
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 quart cold water
- Sugar to taste
- Ice cubes
- 6 strips lemon peel
- 6 mint sprigs, dusted with powdered sugar
How to make Iced Mint Tea:
Pour the boiling water over the mint and steep for half an hour in a double boiler over hot water. Strain, and combine the liquid with the cold water and sugar to taste. Pour into tall glasses filled with ice cubes; garnish with lemon peel and fresh mint dusted with powdered sugar.
Kiwi Fruit Chutney Ingredients:
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Garlic (minced)
- 1 tbsp Fresh Ginger (chopped)
- 1/3 cup Onion (chopped)
- 1/2 tsp Curry Powder
- 1/4 tsp Dried Red Pepper flakes
- 5 Kiwifruit (peeled, diced, divided)
- 1 Banana (peeled, diced)
- 2 tbsp Orange Juice
- 2 tbsp Lime Juice
- 2 tbsp Malt Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp Fresh Cilantro Leaves (chopped)
- 1 tbsp Fresh Mint Leaves (chopped)
How to make Kiwifruit Chutney
- Combine all ingredients and put the mixture in a saucepan.
- Boil it gently for an hour until thick and soft.
- Stir it occasionally.
- Cool it and transfer into sterilized jars.
- Kiwi fruit Chutney is ready.