Recipes for milk
Coconut Milk Kheer Ingredients
5 cups coconut milk
- 1 cup boiled milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp rice
- 1/2 tsp. cardamom powder
- 5 pistachios crushed coarsely
- 10 almonds crushed coarsely
How to make Coconut Milk Kheer
- Bring to boil the coconut milk
- Add rice, and let it cook fully
- Add boiled milk
- Let the mixture be semi-solid
- Add sugar and stir till sugar dissolves
- Add remaining ingredients
- Serve hot
Coconut Milk Kheer is ready to serve.
Microwave Milk Cake Ingredients
500 ml ricotta cheese use the ricotta cheese container to measure the milk powder
- and the sugar 3 cup milk powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 lb butter
How to make Microwave Milk Cake
- Mix everything including the 1/4lb butter in a microwaveable dish or bowl on high heat in the microwave cook for 5mins
- Stir it and cook again for 5mins.
- Stir it and cook again for 5mins. – All together it takes 15 mins.
- Pour in the plate like you do for any burfi.
- Cut into squares and enjoy.
Microwave Milk Cake is ready to serve.
Hot Milk Cake Ingredients
1/4 lb. butter
- 1 c. milk
- 4 lg. eggs
- 2 c. sugar
- 2 c. all purpose flour
- 2 tsp. vanilla shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. baking powder
How to make Hot Milk Cake
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine butter and milk in saucepan, bring to boil
- Beat eggs til fluffy.
- Add sugar and beat.
- Add flour, salt, baking powder, and vanilla.
- Add hot milk mix
- Pour into a greased floured tube or bundt pan.
- Bake for 45 mins
- Dust with powdered sugar when cool and serve.
Hot Milk Cake is ready to serve.
45 minutes to make
Homemade Hot Chocolate ingredients
2 (4-ounce) bars 100% cacao baking chocolate
- 1 cup Dutch process cocoa powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
How to make Homemade Hot Chocolate Mix
- Place chocolate bars in freezer until completely frozen, about 10 minute. Remove from freezer, break into rough pieces, and place in food processor with cocoa powder, sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Process until completely powdered, about 1 minute. Transfer to airtight container and store in cool, dark place for up to three months.
- To make hot chocolate, combine 1 to 2 tablespoons mixture (or more if desired) with 1 cup boiling milk. stir or whisk until combined. To thicken further, return to heat and simmer for 30 seconds until thick and smooth.
Homemade Hot Chocolate Mix is ready to serve, hot.
Egg curry with coconut milk Ingredients:
- Eggs – 6 (full boiled eggs)
- Potato – 4 (to be par boiled)
- Ginger paste – 1/2 tbsp
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Onions (sliced) – 2
- Thin Coconut Milk – 2 cups
- Coriander – 2 1/2 tbsp
- Chili Powder – 2 tbsp
- Black Pepper – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Green Chilies (slit in two) – 2
- Vinegar – 2 tbsp
- Salt – To taste
How to make Egg Curry with Coconut Milk
- Boil the eggs for about 5 minutes, remove the outer shell and cut into half and set aside.
- Cook the potatoes partially.
- In a medium sized sauce pan, add 2 tablespoons of cooking oil and once that is hot, add the sliced onion and pearl onions and sauté well.
- Once the onions are softened and translucent, add the curry leaves, ginger and green chilies and sauté for about 3-4 minutes. Once softened, turn down the flame to medium and add the coriander powder, chilly powder, turmeric and black pepper powder and sauté till oil drains to the sides of the pan and aroma is apparent.
- Add the second extract of the coconut and allow the mixture to boil. Then add the vinegar and the partially cooked potatoes. Add the eggs and allow the sauce to blend well. Then add the first extract of the coconut milk (thick coconut milk) and switch off the stove before it boils.
- Garnish with slit green chilly and fried curry leaves.
- Egg curry tastes great with Appam/Idiappam/Steamed Rice/Bread
Pumpkin Trifle Ingredients
1 package (14-1/2 ounces) gingerbread cake mix
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1 egg
- 4 cups cold fat-free milk
- 4 packages (1 ounce each) sugar-free instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon each ground ginger, nutmeg and allspice
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
How to make Pumpkin Trifle
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water and egg, beat on low speed for 30 seconds.
- Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Pour into an ungreased 8-in. square baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- When completely cooled, crumble the cake. Set aside 1/4 cup crumbs for garnish.
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- Stir in pumpkin and spices until well blended.
- In a trifle bowl or 3-1/2-qt. glass serving bowl, layer a fourth of the cake crumbs, half of the pumpkin mixture, a fourth of the cake crumbs and half of the whipped topping.
- Repeat layers.
- Garnish with reserved cake crumbs.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until serving.
- Pumpkin Trifle is ready to serve.
Yield: 18 servings.
Prep: 1 hour + cooling
Irish Creme Chocolate Trifle Ingredients
1 package (18-1/4 ounces) devil’s food cake mix
- 1 cup refrigerated Irish creme nondairy creamer
- 3-1/2 cups cold milk
- 2 packages (3.9 ounces each) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 3 cups whipped topping
- 12 spearmint candies, crushed
How to make Irish Creme Chocolate Trifle
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour.
- With a meat fork or wooden skewer, poke holes in cake about 2 in. apart. Slowly pour creamer over cake; refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a large bowl, whisk the milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- Cut cake into 1-1/2-in. cubes; place a third of the cubes in a 3-qt. glass bowl. Top with a third of the pudding, whipped topping and candies; repeat layers twice. Store in the refrigerator.
- Irish Creme Chocolate Trifle is ready to serve.
Yield: 14-16 servings.
Prep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min. including chilling.
Cappuccino Mousse Trifle Ingredients
2-1/2 cups cold milk
- 1/3 cup instant coffee granules
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 2 loaves (10-3/4 ounces each) frozen pound cake, thawed and cubed
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
How to make Cappuccino Mousse Trifle
- In a large bowl, stir milk and coffee granules until dissolved; remove 1 cup and set aside.
- Add pudding mixes to the remaining milk mixture; beat on low speed for 2 minutes.
- Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- Fold in half of the whipped topping.
- Place a third of the cake cubes in a 4-qt. serving or trifle bowl.
- Layer with a third of the reserved milk mixture and pudding mixture and a fourth of the grated chocolate.
- Repeat layers twice.
- Garnish with remaining whipped topping and chocolate.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Cappuccino Mousse Trifle is ready to serve.
Prep time: 35 min.
yield: 16-20 Servings
Raspberry Cream Trifle Ingredients
1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons seedless raspberry jam
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- Chocolate curls and fresh mint
How to make Raspberry Cream Trifle
- In a large bowl, beat the milk, water and extract until blended.
- Add pudding mix; whisk for 2 minutes.
- Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- Cover and chill until mixture is partially set.
- Fold in the whipped cream.
- Place half of the cake cubes in a 2-qt. glass serving bowl.
- Top with half of the cream mixture.
- Carefully spread with jam.
- Sprinkle with 1 cup raspberries.
- Layer with remaining cake cubes, cream mixture and raspberries.
- Garnish with chocolate curls and mint.
- Raspberry Cream Trifle is ready to serve.
Prep/Total Time: 30 min.
Yield: 14-16 Servings
Toffee Brownie Trifle Ingredients
1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 2-1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant cheesecake or vanilla pudding mix
- 1 package (3.3 ounces) instant white chocolate pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 to 3 Heath candy bars (1.4 ounces each), chopped
How to make Toffee Brownie Trifle
- Prepare and bake brownies according to package directions for cake-like brownies, using a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat milk and pudding mixes on low speed for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Fold in whipped topping.
- Cut the brownies into 1-in. cubes; place half in a 3-qt. glass trifle bowl or serving dish. Cover with half of the pudding. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with chopped candy bars. Refrigerate leftovers.
- Toffee Brownie Trifle is ready to serve.
Prep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
Yield: 16 servings.