Recipes for Methi
Methi pakora Ingredients:
- 1 Cup chopped methi leaves
- 2 Chopped onions
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp Red chilli powder
- 2 Cups besan
- 1 tsp Mango powder
- 3 Cups oil
How to make Methi Pakora:
- Add water to besan and make thick batter.
- Add chopped methi leaves, chopped onions,turmeric powder, red chili powder, and mango powder to the besan batter and make a mixture.
- Heat the oil.
- Fry small portions of this mixture in oil till they turn brown.
- Serve hot with green chutney.
Methi Murgh Ingredient:
- Chicken 800 gms.
- Ginger 1 2? piece
- Garlic 10 cloves
- Green Chillies 5
- Yogurt 1 cup
- Salt to taste
- Coriander Leaves 3 tbsps.
- Vegetable Fat (ghee) 3 tbsps.
- Onion 1
- Bay Leaves 2
- Fenugreek Leaves (methi) 1 cup
- Coriander Powder 1 tsp.
- Cumin Powder 1 tsp.
- Mace And Cardamom Powder 1/2 tsp.
- Wheat Flour Dough
How to make Methi Murgh:
- Clean the chicken and cut into 8 pieces.
- Make a paste of ginger, garlic and green chillies.
- Slice the onion, brown in a little ghee and grind to a fine paste.
- Finely chop the coriander leaves.
- Marinate the chicken pieces in curd, ginger-garlic-green chilli paste and salt for 6 hours.
- Heat ghee in a narrow mouthed degchi, add bay leaves. Add finely chopped methi leaves. Stir-fry for three minutes.
- Add the marinated chicken and cook till the gravy starts boiling. Add dhania and jeera powders and browned onion paste. Stir.
- Cover the degchi and seal, using the dough. Cook over low heat till the flavours are given out.
- Uncover the degchi and sprinkle the mace and cardamom powder.
- Serve hot garnished with chopped coriander leaves.
Methi Keema Mutter Ingredients:
- 6 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 bay leaves
- 10 black peppercorns
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 tsp ginger, minced
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 8 tbsp tomato purée
- 300 g minced lamb
- 150 g garden peas, shelled if fresh, or frozen
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves, to garnish
- Conversion Calculator
How to make Methi Keema Mutter:
- Heat the sunflower oil in a kadai or wok and add the bay leaves, peppercorns and the onions. Fry, stirring often, until the onions are golden, around 10 minutes.
- Add in the ginger and garlic and fry, stirring now and then, for 1-2 minutes.
- Mix in the tomato puree and fry until the oil separates.
- Add in the minced lamb, green peas, chilli, turmeric, garam masala and salt. Cover and cook over a low heat, stirring now and then, until the lamb is cooked through.
- Sprinkle over the coriander and serve at once.
More Methi Recipes
Dahi Kadhi with Pakora Ingredients:
- oil- 5 tblsp
- asafoetida (hing) a pinch
- green chillies – to taste
- cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- fenugreek seeds (methi) – 1 tsp
- gram flour (besan / chane ka atta) – 6 tblsp
- coriander/cumin powder- 1 tsp
- turmeric powder (hadli)- a pinch
- mixed vegetables (carrots, ladyfinger, brinjal, drumsticks, bottle gourd)- 2 cups/200 gms
- tamarind (imli) pulp – 2 tblsp
- salt (namak) – to taste
- coriander leaves (dhania patta) – 2-3 sprigs
How to make Dahi Kadhi with Pakora
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add asafoetida and after a few seconds, add the chopped chillies, cumin and fenugreek seeds.
- Allow them to stop spluttering, then add the gram flour, stirring continuously.
- Fry it, till the flour becomes brown in colour and aromatic.
- Add around 5-6 cups (1 lt.) of water, stirring continuously to avoid forming lumps.
- Cook on a simmering flame for at least 15- 20 minutes and then, bring it to a boil.
- Stir in the vegetables and the spices.
- Add the tamarind pulp and cook further, till the vegetables become tender.
- Add the salt and garnish with chopped coriander.
Methi Palak Chicken Ingredients:
- Chicken – 1 kg
- Onion – 3 nos
- Ginger paste – 1 tsp
- Garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Green chillies- 4 nos
- Tomato (big) – no
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Chilli powder – 1 1/2 tbsp
- Coriander powder – 2 tbsp
- Dried methi leaves – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala – 1 tsp
- Palak – 1/2 kg
- Oil – 4 tbsp
- Salt – As rqrd
How to make Methi Palak Chicken:
- Take palak leaves(without the stem), wash it properly and cook it in 1/2 cup water for 15 minutes.
- Drain the water and keep it aside.
- Cool the cooked palak leaves and grind it into a fine paste.
- Heat oil in a kadai and saute chopped onion and green chillies by adding salt.
- When the onion becomes soft, add ginger-garlic paste and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add chopped tomato and saute till it mashes.
- Add turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder and cumin powder.
- Fry for 2 minutes and add chicken pieces along with garam masala.
- To this, add the drained water in which palak is cooked and dried methi leaves.
- :- If you want, you can add more water.
- Cook till the chicken is done and the gravy reaches a thick consistency.
- Add palak paste to the chicken curry and mix it well.
- Keep it in a low flame for 5 minutes and remove from fire.
Methi Palak Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves (dhania patta)
- 1 tsp cumin seed (jeera)
- 3 tblsp green chili paste
- 250 gms spinach (palak)
- 100 gms mung dal
- oil (tel) as per requirement
- salt (namak) to taste
- 300 gms whole-wheat (gehun) flour
- 250 gms fenugreek leaves (leafy methi)
How to make palak methi thepla:
- Wash dal and cook.
- Wash and cut both leafy vegetables.
- Add to dal and boil.
- Add chili paste, turmeric powder, cumin seeds, coriander leaves and salt.
- When it is cooked, take off and allow it to cool.
- Shift the wheat up flour and mix in dal mixture to it.
- Knead into the smooth dough.
- Roll out as 6-inch chapatis or tortillas, roast on a warm griddle using a little oil.
Aloo Methi Palak Ingredients:
- Aloo (Potatoes) – 5 medium size
- Palak (Spinach) – 1 Bunch
- Dry Methi Leaves – 3 tbs
- Chilli Powder – 3 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Onions – 1/2 onion cut into small pieces
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Jeera (Cumin)seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Oil – 4 tbs
- Ginger Garlic paste – 1 tsp
How to make Aloo Palak Methi Fry:
- Boil, peel & cut potatoes into small square cubes. ( Fill half of a glass vessel with water, add potatoes and microwave for 10 mins)
- Heat oil in a vessel, when hot add mustard, jeera onions & ginger garlic. Saute until onions turn light brown.
- Add washed & chopped Palak (frozen spinach is also a good option) & Methi leaves; Add salt, chilli powder & turmeric; Add very little water & cover for 2 minutes.
- Add potato cubes and mix it with the palak properly.
- Fry until all water from spinach/palak evaporates & potatoes turn light golden color.
Corn Methi Pulao Ingredients:
• 1 Cup basmati rice
• 2-3 Peppercorns
• 1 Cinnamon stick
• 2 Cloves
• 2 Green cardamoms
• 1 Onion, sliced
• 1 Cup fenugreek leaves, chopped
• 1/2 Cup sweet corn
• 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
• 1 tbsp Butter
• 1 tbsp Oil
• Salt, to taste
How to make Corn Methi Pulao:
• Wash rice and keep them aside.
• In a vessel, add 2 cups of water and bring it to a boil.
• Heat butter and oil in a pressure cooker. Add the peppercorns, cinnamon, cloves, green cardamoms and onion. Fry for some time.
• Add fenugreek leaves, corns and turmeric powder. Stir for a few seconds.
• Finally, add the rice and required amount of water, along with salt.
• Pressure cook till 1 whistle.
• Allow the steam to escape before opening.
• Serve hot with fresh curd and papad.
• Corn Methi Pulao is ready.
Dahi Methi Ka Murg Ingredients:
- 500 g Chicken
- 1 small bunch Methi Leaves (Fenugreek, finely chopped)
- 1 Onion (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 2 tbsp Green Chilly Paste
- 1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1 tsp Shah Jeera (Cumin)
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Bay Leaf
- 5 tbsp Dahi/Curd/Yogurt (thick and beaten)
- Salt to taste
How to make Dahi Methi Ka Murg:
- Heat oil in a deep bottomed pan. Add shah jeera, bay leaf, and cinnamon sticks.
- Let them splutter and then add onions. Fry them till they turn translucent.
- Now, add methi leaves and fry. Mix in green chili paste, ginger-garlic paste and salt. Fry till the oil separates.
- Next, add chicken and cook it until it becomes tender.
- Remove the pan from heat.
- • Add curd, put the vessel back on heat and cook until it is done.
- • Serve hot.
- 1 cup grated cucumber
- 2 cups fresh curds
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 3/4 tsp red chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp coriander chopped finely
- 1/2 tsp each cumin and mustard seeds
How to make Mix Veggie Methi Paratha :
- Crush the seeds together coarsely with stone or pestle
- Beat curds till smooth
- Add all ingredients
- Mix well and chill for an hour before serving.
- Mix Veggie Methi Paratha is ready to serve.
- Serve hot!