Recipes for meetha
Meetha Poora Ingredients
- Flour 1 cup
- Semolina ½ cup
- Yogurt 1 cup
- Eggs 2
- Milk if required
- Baking powder 1 tsp (leveled)
- Oil for frying
- For sugar syrup:
- Sugar 1 cup
- Water ¾ cup
- Cardamom powder ½ tsp
How to make Meetha Poora Recipe
Method for sugar syrup:
- Cook together sugar, water and cardamom powder till thick, keep aside.
- In a bowl mix together flour, semolina, eggs, milk, yogurt and make into batter.
- Just before frying the pure add baking powder.
- Deep fry ‘poora’ till light golden then dip in sugar syrup and serve.
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 10 min
- 340gms smooth-skinned Lemons
- 2tbsp salt
- 1/2tsp Fennel seeds (crushed)
- 1/2tsp Cumin seeds (crushed)
- 1/2tsp cracked black pepper
- 1cup shredded jaggery (gur)
- 1/3cup fresh Lemon juice
How To Make Nimbu Mitha Achar:
- Wash and thoroughly dry the lemons.
- Set them in sun or air dry in oven for 5 minutes.
- Slice each one lengthwise into 8 pieces.
- Combine the salt, fennel seeds, cumin seeds and black pepper in a small bowl and mix well.
- Arrange a layer of citrus, cut side up, in a jar. Sprinkle with the salt spice mixture.
- Alternate the two ingredients until the jar is full.
- Combine the jaggery with the citrus juice in a small saucepan.
- Bring to boil over high heat, stirring constantly, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Cool to Luke warm then pour over the citrus in the jar.
- Cool to room temperature and cover with a cloth.
- Set in the sun every day for 5 weeks; bring the jar inside every night.
- Shake the jar 2-3 times in a day.
- After 5 weeks do not set it in the sun, but continue to shake for another 2 weeks before use.