Recipes for masoor
Daal Gosht Ingredients:
1 Cup masoor daal
- 1 kg Meat boneless and cubed
- Salt to taste
- 4 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 2 Onions sliced
- 1 tbsp Ginger paste
- 2 tbsp Garlic paste
- 2 tsp Coriander powder
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Red chili powder
- 1 tsp Garam masala
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Coriander leaves to garnish
How to make Daal Gosht:
- Boil the daal, meat with salt and 2 tbsp of oil in a pressure cooker till the daal is soft.
- In another pan, heat 2 tbsp of oil and fry the onions till golden brown.
- Add the ginger and garlic paste and fry for a minute.
- Add the coriander, cumin, turmeric, red chili and garam masala powder and fry till the oil separates from the masala.
- Add the daal-meat mixture to this masala and mix well.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Take off from the fire, add lime juice, stir well and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Daal Gosht is ready to serve.
Masoor ki Daal ki Biryani Ingredients:
- 1-1/2 kg Chicken (14 psc)
- 1 kg Basmati Rice
- 1 cup Black lentils whole
- 1 cup Yogurt
- 1 cup Oil
- 1 bunch Mint
- 4 Green Cardamom
- 4 Onion sliced
- 6 Lemon
- 8 Green Chili
- 6-8 cloves Black pepper whole
- 1 tsp Black Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Butter
- 1 tbsp White vinegar
- 1 tbsp Ginger garlic paste
- Salt to taste
How to make Masoor ki Daal ki Biryani:
- Wash 1 cup of black lentils and boil and strain it. In ½-1 kg of chicken add 1 cup of yogurt, 1 tbsp of ginger garlic paste, 4 lemons, 1 bunch of mint, 8 green chilies, 4 green cardamoms and salt to taste and boil without water. When the water of the chicken gets dry dish it out.
- Heat the oil and fry 4 onion sliced till it gets golden brown. Spread the onion the newspaper to get its oil dry and put on the boiled chicken. Boil 1 kg basmati rice add while boiling few mints, 1 tsp of black cumin seeds, green chili, salt, white vinegar and small cardamom.
- In the pan of rice put the oil on the base of it and then put one layer of rice and another layer of lentils. After that put another layer of chicken and sprinkle few crushed onions.
- Put the layer again as before. On the put rice, then fried onions, ghee and 2 lemon juice and put the pan on high flame. After 10 minutes the flame. Now serve the biryani with yogurt.
Masoor Rice Ingredients:
- 3 cups sprouted masoor (whole red lentil)
- 1 1/2 cups rice (chawal)
- 5 tsp ghee
- mustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
- cumin seeds (jeera)
- a pinch asafoetida (hing)
- salt to taste
Grind to Paste
- 3 big sized onions
- 1/2 cup grated coconut
- 1/2 bunch coriander (dhania) leaves
- ginger (adrak)
- 5 green chillies
- 10 to 15 curry leaves (kadi patta)
How to make Masoor Rice:
- Wash rice and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a kadai.
- Add mustard seeds and let them splutter
- Once done add hing and cumin seeds
- Add the ground paste and fry till oil seperates.
- Add rice and sprouted masoor and fry well.
- Add salt as per taste.
- Put everything in a cooker and add 2.5 cups of water.
- Cook upto 2 whistles on medium flame.
- Serve hot with raita or kadhi, papad and pickle of your choice.
Ingredients for Sabut Masoor ki Daal
250 g. sabut masoor dal
- For Tempering/baghar/tadka
- (this is basically just seasoning the dal by with spices and other ingredients )
- 1 tsp. ginger paste
- 1 tsp. garlic paste/crushed garlic
- 2 tbs. (vegatble/sunflower/canola)
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 1 large tomato finely chopped
- 1 level tsp. chili powder/flakes
- 1/2 level tsp. ground coriander-
- salt to taste
- 1 level tsp. garam masala
- 2-3 tbs. finely chopped fresh coriander leaves for garnish
How to make Sabut Masoor ki Daal
- Pressure cook the dal , using approximately a half a litre of water .(You can add the salt right now or later after the dal is cooked.Usually it takes about 15-20 minutes in a pressure cooker. You may have to add more water if the lentil is not tender yet and cook for further 8 to 10 minutes). Let the pressure whistle blow about 3-4 times on medium to high heat
- Take the dal of the stove and take a pan .Heat the oil and add the ginger paste, garlic, onions and fry them till they become transparent .Then add the tomatoes and fry them till they start losing their moisture and become soft.Now add the dal (if the dal is not dilute enough , you can add more water to get a consistency you want).Add salt, dhania powder and chilli flakes /powder.Stir and cook for few more minutes.
- Take off the stove .The dal is now ready .As a finishing touch add the garam masala and garnish with the chopped corriander .
Khatti Masoor Ki Daal Ingredients
Masoor ki daal 1 cup.
- salt 1 teaspoon or according to taste
- red chili powder 1 teaspoon
- 1 tomato
- oil 4 tablespoons
- turmeric(haldi)powder half a teaspoon.
- 2 whole red chillies preferably round ones.
- half teaspoon white zeera
- garlic half a teaspoon
- half lemon
How to make Khatti Masoor Ki Daal
- Soak daal in water for at least 1 hr.
- After that put in in a pot with 4 glasses of water and add salt,red chili powder,haldi and tomato.
- Let it cook for 3040 minutes or until the daal is pasty and tender.
- Add the lemon juice in it and let it cook for another 10 minutes.
- Watch that the daal doesn’t become thick.Keep stirring after every 10 min throughout.
- when the daal is neither thick nor too liquidy remove from heat.
- On a side heat oil in a frying pan and add garlic,red chillies (whole)and white zeera.
- cook for a minute and pour on the daal.
- Khatti daal is ready, eat with rice.
Kali Masoor Dal Ingredients:
Kali Masoor Dal/Black Lentils – 1 Cup
- Cumin Seeds – 1/3 tsp
- Tomatoes – 2 Big
- Onion – 1 Big
- Green Chilies – 2
- Salt – To taste
- Red Chili Powder – 1/3 tsp
- Garam Masala – ¼ tsp
- Mango Powder (Amchoor) – 1/3 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander Leaves – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder – 2 Pinches
- Ginger – 1”
- Garlic – 2 Cloves
- Asafetida (Hing) – Few Pinches
- Pure Oil/Desi Ghee – 1 tbsp
- Water – 4 cups
How to make Kali Masoor Dal (Black Lentils)
- boil dal with water, salt and turmeric powder.
- Bring to boil, after 2 whistles let it cook on low flame for about 15 min. Then switch off the gas.
- Heat oil/ghee in a pan. Add hing, cumin seeds.
- Add chopped ginger, garlic and grated onions. Cook till they become pink in color.
- Now add grated tomatoes and chopped green chilies. Mix well.
- Add red chili powder, amchoor, garam masala, coriander powder. Mix well and cook till mixture separates from oil.
- Now add boiled dal in it.
- Garnish the dal with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with Rice/Chapati.
Red Masoor Dal Ingredients
2 Cups red or black daal
- Allspices depend on your taste.
- 2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric Haldi
- salt to taste
- 5 pieces of garlic
- 2 teaspoon cumin Zeera 1 stalk corriander Dhania5 green chillies
- serve with white rice
How to make Red Masoor Dal
- First take out all little stone from daal,then wash the daal.In a big saucer put in daal with 4 cups of water mix in the red chili, haldi and salt.
- Let daal half boil, after daal has half boiled grind garlic and green chillies together.
- In a small frying pan warm a little oil and put in garlic and chili paste also adding the cumin until brown.
- Then put in the half cooked daal. Let the daal cook with the fry masala and coriander all put together.
- Cook altogether for 10-15 min until done.
- Serve with pickle and white rice.
Masoor ki Daal Ingredients:
2 cups masoor daal
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 1/2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 1/2 onions, chopped
- 1 head garlic, separated, chopped
- 1 (1-inch piece) ginger root, chopped
- 2 jalapeno chilies, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 bunch coriander, chopped
How to make Masoor ki Daal
- Rinse massor daal thoroughly,until water is clear.In pot bring 1 quart water to boil.Add massor daal.
- Cook half way,about 10 to 15 minutes,add 1/2 teaspoon garam masala,1/2 teaspoon turmeric and salt.As massor dhal cooks,uncovered,water will evaporate and mixture will thicken.
- Add more water to keep dal loose,like texture of thick cream.When dal is soft,turn off heat.Heat oil in wok.When oil is very hot,add onions and cook until tender and translucent but not browned.
- Add garlic, ginger and chiles.Continue to fry until onions are deep-yellow. Add remaining 1 teaspoon each garam masala and turmeric.Do not allow spices to burn. Keep stirring until mixture starts to stick. Add tomatoes and cilantro. Cook until tomato softens.Pour in pot of masoor daal and simmer to blend flavors.aste and add more salt if needed.