Recipes for masala
Tender Jack Fruit Pieces — Two cups
- Onion – One and a halflarge, chopped
- Curds – 1 1/2 cups
- Oil — 1/2 cup
- Bay Leaves — One to two
- Turmeric Powder — 1/2 tsp
- Chilli Powder — 1 tsp
- Coriander Leaves – Two tblsp, chopped
- Salt in order to taste
- Grind to some Paste:
- Garlic — 6 cloves
- Ginger – 1 ” piece
- Green Chillies – Two (optional)
- Dry roast and Powder:
- Cloves – Three
- Cardamoms – 2 small
- Cinnamon – 1 ” piece
- Coriander Seeds — 2 teaspoon
- Cumin Seeds — 1/2 teaspoon
How to make Kathal Masala
- Pressure prepare jack fruit pieces with some salt until gentle and hang aside.
- Heat oil, include bay leaves and chopped onion, fry till onion turns brown.
- Add ginger-garlic insert, stir fry for One to two minutes.
- Include chilli powder, turmeric powder and jack fruit pieces.
- Continue baking with regard to at some point, adding garam masala powder.
- Whenever masalas are well combined with jack fruit pieces, add curds outdone smooth.
- Include half the chopped coriander leaves, cover as well as simmer for at some point for gravy to create.
- Then add water if as well heavy.
- Remove from fireplace, garnish with the rest from the coriander leaves.
- Function hot with pulao or parathas.
Kathal Masala is ready to serve.
Potatoes (diced) — Two
- Garbanzo beans(Channa) — 1 cup
- Onion — Two medium
- Tomato – 1/2 cup
- Green chillies – Three
- Ginger-Garlic paste — 1 tbsp
- Red chilly powder — 1/2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder — 1/2 teaspoon
- Garam masala — One teaspoon
- Curry leaves
- Coriander leaves — 1/2 cup grated
- Salt – as required
- Oil – Three tbsp
How to make Aloo Channa Masala
- Saturate Garbanzo beans(Channa) overnight.
- Boil channa and diced potatoes inside a stress oven.
- Reduce the onion as well as green chillies in to slim long pieces.
- Warmth oil in a frying pan as well as include onion pieces as well as fry till this becomes light brown.
- Add tomato plants, green chillies, ginger-garlic paste, curry leaves, salt as well as cook for 2-3 moments.
- When the masala starts cooking, include red chilly powder, turmeric as well as garam masala and mix it well with regard to few minutes.
- When the masala is done, include boiled potatoes as well as channa to the masala combination along with bit of drinking water.
- Allow it to boil and when the gravy gets heavy, eliminate from fireplace.
- Dress the actual meal along with coriander leaves and serve warm with Chappathis or Grain.
Aloo Channa Masala is ready to serve.
Andhra Prawn Masala Ingredients:
Prawns – 1/2 kg
- Oil – 1/2 cup
- Curry Leaves – 10
- Green Chillies – 5, sliced
- Onions – 1/2 kg, sliced
- Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
- Ginger Paste – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
To Steam the Prawns:
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Water – 1 cup
For the Prawn Masala Powder:
- Coriander Seeds – 1 tblsp
- Cinnamon – 1 inch piece
- Cloves – 3
- Cardamoms – 3
How to make Andhra Prawn Masala
- Put the prawns in a pressure cooker.
- Add the turmeric powder, salt and water. Bring to pressure and then remove the cooked from the stove.
- Cool and drain the liquid.
- Heat the oil in a pan, temper with curry leaves and green chillies until they begin to shrink.
- Add the onions and saute till they turn transparent.
- Stir in the garlic and ginger pastes, salt, red chilli and turmeric powders.
- Add the prawns, reduce the heat and saute for about 5 minutes.
- Dry-roast the coriander seeds, cinnamon, cloves and cardamoms on a tawa.
- Grind them to a fine powder.
- Sprinkle over the prawns.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 3 minutes.
- Serve as a side dish or with rice.
- Andhra Prawn Masala is ready to serve.
Chicken Masala Roast Ingredients
chicken – 1 about (1 kg)
- onions – 1 cup, sliced
- oil – ½ cup
- ginger – 2 cm
- grated coconut – 1 tbsp
- green chilies – 2
- coriander leaves – 2 tbsp, chopped
- pepper corns – ½ tsp
- cardamoms – 2
- cinnamon – 3 cm piece
- chili powder – ½ tsp
- curds – ½ cup
- salt to taste
How to make Chicken Masala Roast
- Clean the chicken, wash and wipe dry.
- Fry the onion slices in hot oil till brown and crisp. Drain and reserve.
- Grind all the ingredients from ginger to chili powder to a smooth paste.
Combine this paste with curds, salt and fried onions.
- Rub some of this mixture inside the chicken and pour the rest over it.
- Cover and marinate in frig over night.
- Place the chicken in a baking dish.
- Cook in a moderate oven,( 180 degrees C) brushing it at regular intervals with the oil in which onions were fried.
- When the top side is done, turn the chicken and cook the other side.
Serve hot with Roti and Dal.
- Chicken Masala Roast is ready to serve.
Boneless Chicken Masala Ingredients:
- 3 tbsp ghee (clarified butter), or oil
- 1 small onion , finely chopped
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 2 cardamom pods
- 4 cloves
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 2cm piece root ginger , very finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves , crushed
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ¾ tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp tomato purée
- 2 skinless chicken breasts , cut into chunks
- 1 chopped tomato
- a handful of coriander leaves, chopped
How to make Boneless Chicken Masala:
- Heat the ghee in a large heavy pan, add the chopped onion and stir for a minute with the heat on high. Turn the heat to low, add the cinammon, cardamom, cloves and fennel seeds, stir for 5 minutes. Add the ginger and garlic and cook for another 5 minutes on low, stirring occasionally to make sure nothing catches. Then add the turmeric, ground coriander and chilli powder and fry gently for a minute. Add the tomato purée and stir in enough hot water to make a sauce. Bring to the boil and simmer, stirring occasionally for 20 minutes. Season with salt.
- Heat a little oil in a large heavy frying pan and stir-fry the chicken pieces until they turn white. Add the chicken and chopped tomato to the sauce and simmer gently for 10 minutes until the chicken is cooked, stirring from time to time.
- Sprinkle with the coriander and serve with plain rice.
Creamy masala chicken Ingredients:
- 4 free-range skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2″ /1 cm cubes
- 1″ fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 garlic clove, finely diced
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup/small handful fresh coriander, finely chopped, plus extra for garnish
- Juice and zest 1 lime
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 red onion, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 10 fl oz/ 250ml light/single cream or plain yoghurt
- 1 dessertspoon tomato puree
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
How to make Creamy masala chicken:
In a large stainless steel or glass bowl place the chicken with the ginger, garlic, salt, pepper, chopped coriander, lime juice and zest with 1 tbsp of the oil. Stir then cover with a clean cloth, leave to one side for 30 minutes.
After 30 mins, heat one tbsp of the oil in a large frying pan or wok add the chicken and cook for 8 -10 minutes until browned all over.
Remove the chicken from the pan and put to one side. In the same pan heat the remaining oil and gently cook the onion and chili powder for 5 minutes. Add the turmeric and ground cumin, stir and cook for another minute.
Stir in the cream and gently simmer for 5 minutes. Add the chicken and simmer for another 5 minutes. Add the tomato puree, stir then add the lemon juice. Cook for one minute more then serve garnished with fresh coriander. Boiled rice, warm naan bread or chapatis are delicious served alongside.
Chicken Hara Masala Ingredients:
- 2 medium onions,thinly sliced
- 200g yogurt
- a bunch of fresh coriander/100 g coriander leaves
- 100g fat green mild chillies (about 6 large ones)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 4-5 cloves
- 6-8 whole black pepper
- 2 large cardamom
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 500-750 g chicken pieces
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 tbsp julienne’s ginger
How to make Chicken Hara Masala:
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add the sliced onions and fry till golden brown.
- Remove onion from the oil and put in blender or food processor.
- Cut off the stalk ends of the chillies, chop them into rough pieces and put them in blender.
- Pick the leaves off the coriander and drop them into the blender.
- Add yogurt and blend to a puree.
- Add the chicken to the oil. Increase the heat to between medium and high and fry the chicken for 5 minutes.
- Add ginger and garlic paste,cumin seeds,cloves,black pepper and cardamom .
- Stir in yogurt mixture,garlic and salt.Add 1/2 cup water and cook until chicken is done.
Balti Murgh Masala Ingredients:
- Chicken 1 kg
- Onions (sliced) 250 gm
- Curd 100 ml
- Tomatoes 100 gm
- Garlic paste 1 tbsp
- Ginger paste 1 tbsp
- Dhaniya powder 1 tsp
- Zeera powder 1 tsp
- Red chilly powder ½ tsp
- Cloves 3-4
- Cinnamon 1 inch piece
- Cardamom 2-3
- Bay leaf one
- Whole red chillies two
- Oil 150 ml
- Salt to taste
- Green chillies (slit and deseeded) 3-4
How to make Balti Murgh Masala:
Clean, wash and trim the meat. Marinade the meat in curds, garlic and ginger pastes with the powdered spices and sliced onions. Keep aside for about two hours in refrigerator. Heat oil in a thick-bottomed pan and when it reaches smoking point, put in the bay leaf, then cloves, cinnamon and the cardamom. Last come the red chillies. As soon as these begin to change colour, add the meat and stir well. Raise the heat and stir-fry briskly for two minutes, then lower the flame to medium low and continue cooking till done to taste. Cut the chillies into strips and add in the end to cook for no more than two minutes. Garnish with ginger and hara dhaniya, serve hot with roti.
Harey Masala Chawal Ingredients:
- 2 cups rice
- 4 cups water
- 8 green chillies
- 1 tea sp ginger paste
- 1 tea sp garlic paste
- 1 cup corrieander leaves chopped
- 1 tea sp + additional salt according to taste
How to make Harey Masala Chawal:
- Blend chillies & corriander then fry in 2 table spoon oil along with the ginger & garlic paste.
- Boil the rice in water when they are 95% cooked add the above green paste to it.
- Then cook it on very low heat for 10 minutes.
- Mix well before serving.
- Garnish with corriander leaves on top.
- We have used basmati rice in this recipe.
Corn Masala Rice Ingredients:
- 1 c Basmati rice
- 1 c Corn kernels
- 1 c Green peas
- 10 Cashews halved; (10 to 12)
- 1 ts Chilli powder
- 1 ts Sambhar masala
- 1/2 ts Garam masala
- 1 ts Sugar
- 1/4 ts Turmeric
- Salt to taste
- 1 Lemon; juice of
- 2 tb Oil or ghee
- 1/2 ts Cummin and mustard seeds
How to make Corn Masala Rice:
In a heavy saucepan heat the ghee. Add the cashews and fry till light brown. Remove. To same oil add cumin and mustard seeds to splutter. Add the corn, peas, rice and all dry masalas and 5 cups water. Cover and cook till almost done. Add lemon juice, sugar, coriander and cashews. Cover and cook till rice is done and no water is left. Masalas may be added as per desi red spiciness. Serve hot with curds. Converted by MC_Buster. Converted by MM_Buster v2.0l.