Recipes for Marinade
Peanut Ginger Marinade Ingredients
1/2 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup chile paste
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger root
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 3 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cut into bite-size pieces
How to make Peanut Ginger Marinade
- In a large bowl, gradually stir hot water into peanut butter. Stir in chili paste, soy sauce, oil, vinegar, garlic, ginger and ground red pepper. Place chicken in marinade, and turn to coat evenly. Cover, and refrigerate overnight, turning occasionally.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat, and lightly oil grate. Thread chicken pieces onto skewers. Discard marinade.
- Grill chicken 8 to 10 minutes per side, or until no longer pink, and juices run clear.
- Peanut Ginger Marinade is ready to serve.
Prep Time:10 Min
Cook Time:20 Min
Ready In:1 Day 30 Min
Lime Chicken Marinade Ingredients:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- cayenne pepper to taste
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
How to make Lime Chicken Marinade:
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, and lime juice. Season with chili powder, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper. Place the chicken in a shallow baking dish with the sauce, and stir to coat. Cover, and marinate in the refrigerator at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the grill for medium-high heat. Thread chicken onto skewers, and discard marinade.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Grill skewers for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the chicken juices run clear.
Beef Shashlik Marinade Ingredients:
- 600 g (=1.3 lb) lamb
- 100 ml (=0.4 cup) dry white wine
- 120 g (=4 oz) butter
- 400 g (=0.8 lb) onions
- 2 bunches green (spring) onion
- 300 g (=0.6 lb) tomatoes
- 300 g (=0.6 lb) egg plant
- 300 g (=0.6 lb) bell pepper
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 bunch parsley and dill (each)
- sugar, salt, pepper (freshly ground)
How to make Beef Shashlik Marinade:
- Finely chop green onions and 200 g (=0.4 lb) onions.
- Cut lamb into small cubes (20-30 g (=1 oz)). Place in a clay pot and rub with sugar, salt and pepper. Combine with chopped onions and wine. Knead marinade into the meat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2-3 hours.
- Slice remaining onions. Cut tomatoes, egg plants and bell pepper into cubes and thread onto skewers in alternating order.
- Thread lamb onto separate skewers.
- Turn skewers frequently while grilling to cook meat evenly.
- Slide lamb and veggies off skewers. Combine in a bowl carefully. Pour melted butter and some wine over. Sprinkle with lemon juice and chopped herbs.
- Seite weiterempfehlen
Marinade Spicy Lime Chicken Ingredients:
- 1 20 oz can pineapple slices (reserve 1/2 slices for grill)
- 1 jalapeno, deseeded and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup lime juice (or 2 TB frozen limeade)
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 TB honey
How to make Marinade Spicy Lime Chicken:
- In blender combine- pineapple juice, 1/2 of sliced pineapple, jalapeno, garlic, limeade, cilantro salt and pepper. Puree. Reserve 1/2 cup marinade. Pour remainder of marinade over chicken and marinate. (can be left overnight)
- Mix reserved marinade with honey. Use whisk if necessary.
- Grill chicken basting with honey mixture as you cook.