Recipes for maple
Waffles with Maple Syrup Ingredients
1/2 cup 125 mL maple syrup
- 3 eggs 1/3 cup 75 mL milk
- 1/2 tsp 2 mL vanilla
- 1/4 tsp 1 mL salt
- 6 slices 1/2 inch French bread (use day old)
- 2 Tbsp 25 mL butter
How to make Waffles with Maple Syrup
- Beat together maple syrup, eggs, milk, vanilla and salt. Place slices in single layer in 9 X 13 ” dish. Pour batter evenly over bread. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight. Melt butter on griddle. Add slices and brown on both sides. Serve with maple syrup, maple butter or maple jelly. This recipe will serve about 6 people.
- Waffles with Maple Syrup Recipe is ready to serve.
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes or yams, cooked, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 cup Pure Maple Syrup
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons margarine or butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Preheat oven to 350°F Arrange sweet potatoes in 1 1/2 quart shallow baking dish.
- Combine remaining ingredients; pour over potatoes.
- Bake 40 minutes or until hot and sauce is thickened, basting frequently.
- Refrigerate leftovers.