Recipes for lemon
Lemon — One teaspoon, grated
- Lemon Juice — Two tblsp
- Broccoli – 750 gms
- Butter — One and a halftblsp
- Salt – One teaspoon
- Black Pepper — 1/4 teaspoon, ground
How to make Lemon Broccoli
- Reduce the broccoli into little florets.
- Vapor the broccoli for about Five minutes till tender however sharp.
- Mix the actual broccoli using the butter as well as throw to coat.
- Add the lemon juice, lemon rind, salt and pepper.
- Throw again to layer thoroughly as well as equally.
- Arrange the broccoli in a salad bowl.
Lemon Broccoli is ready to serve.
Lemon Garlic Mushrooms Ingredients
1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Pepper to taste
- 1 pound large fresh mushrooms
How to make Lemon Garlic Mushrooms
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients; set aside.
- Grill mushrooms, covered, over medium-hot heat for 5 minutes. Brush generously with lemon mixture. Turn mushrooms; grill 5-8 minutes longer or until tender. Brush with remaining lemon mixture before serving.
Lemon Garlic Mushrooms is ready to serve.
Lemon Cake Ingredients
1 (125 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (4 ounce) package instant lemon pudding mix
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 3 egg whites
- 3/4 cup nonfat milk
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 (1 ounce) package instant sugar-free vanilla pudding mix
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen light whipped topping, thawed
How to make Lemon Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 10×15 inch pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together cake mix and pudding mix. Pour in water and egg whites. Beat on low speed for 1 minute. Increase speed to high and beat for 4 minutes. Pour batter into prepared 10×15 inch pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine milk, lemon extract and vanilla pudding mix. Beat on low for 2 minutes. Fold in whipped topping. Spread over cooled cake. Store cake in refrigerator.
Lemon Cake is ready to serve.
Prep Time:15 Min
Cook Time:28 Min
Ready In:43 Min
Seedy Lemon Cake Ingredients:
Sugar – 1 1/2 cups
- Grated Peel of 2 Lemons
- Sunflower Oil – 1 cup
- Eggs – 6
- All Purpose Flour – 1 2/3 cups + 1 tblsp, divided
- Baking Powder – 2 tsp
- Sunflower Kernels – 1/2 cup
- Lemon Zest
- Whipped Cream
How to make Seedy Lemon Cake
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- Grease and flour 2 loaf pans.
- Beat together sugar, lemon peel and oil in large bowl.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add 1 2/3 cups of the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Mix well.
- Combine the remaining 1 tblsp flour and the sunflower kernels.
- Toss lightly.
- Stir into batter.
- Pour evenly into prepared pans.
- 1 Bake for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 1 Cool loaves in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes.
- 1 Loosen edges and remove to racks to cool completely.
- 1 Garnish as desired.
Seedy Lemon Cake is ready to serve.
Lemon Chiffon Cake Ingredients
7 eggs, separated
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 4 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- Dash salt
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
How to make Lemon Chiffon Cake
- Place egg whites in a large bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Whisk the egg yolks, water, oil, lemon peel and vanilla; add to dry ingredients and beat until well blended. Add cream of tartar to egg whites; beat on medium speed until soft peaks form. Fold into batter.
- Gently spoon into an ungreased 10-in. tube pan. Cut through batter with a knife to remove air pockets. Bake on the lowest oven rack at 325° for 50-55 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched. Immediately invert pan; cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Run a knife around sides and center tube of pan. Remove cake to a serving plate. In a small bowl, combine frosting ingredients; beat until smooth. Frost top of cake.
- Lemon Chiffon Cake is ready to serve.
Prep: 25 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
Lemon Muffins Ingredients
2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
How to make Lemon Muffins
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C). Grease bottoms only of 12 muffin cups or line with baking cups.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, lemon zest and salt; mix well. In a small bowl, combine milk, oil and egg; blend well. Add dry ingredients all at once; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened (batter will be lumpy.)
- Fill cups 2/3 full. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 1 minute before removing from pan. Serve warm.
Lemon Muffins is ready to serve.
Steamed Hilsa with Lemon Ingredients:
1 kg – ilish
- 3 tsp – mustard
- 4 – green chillies
- 3 tsp – mustard oil
- 1/2 – lemon
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp – turmeric
How to make Steamed Hilsa with Lemon
- Chop fish.
- Grind mustard and green chillies with a pinch of salt.
- Marinate fish with salt, turmeric and lime juice for 10 min.
- Apply mustard mixture and place in a container.
- Sprinkle mustard oil and mix.
- Close container and steam the fish in a cooker for 10-15 min without whistle.
- Steamed Hilsa with Lemon is ready to serve.
Servings : 4
Time Taken : 15-30 mins
Lemon Chicken Salad Ingredients:
1 small head of green leaf lettuce
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 1 tbsp. freshly chopped tarragon
- salt and pepper to taste
- vinaigrette salad dressing to taste
How to make Lemon Chicken Salad
- Wash and dry the lettuce. Tear into small pieces and set aside.
- Slice chicken breasts into strips and then cut strips into small pieces.
- Heat oil in a medium-sized pan, add the chicken, and cook for 4 to 5 minutes until the chicken is lightly browned.
- Add lemon juice, tarragon, and salt and pepper to taste. Cook for another 4 to 5 minutes until chicken is tender.
- Toss the lettuce with the vinaigrette dressing. Add chicken, lemon, and tarragon mixture and toss.
- Lemon Chicken Salad is ready to serve.
- Serve immediately.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Serving size: 1 cup
Mint and Lemon Chicken Ingredients
2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
How to make Mint and Lemon Chicken
- In a medium bowl, mix together the chicken pieces and garlic. Toss with the flour just to coat, and shake off excess.
- Heat the margarine in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken pieces; cook and stir until browned. Add the mint leaves and lemon juice, cover and steam for about 5 minutes, just until the chicken is cooked through. Do not over cook the chicken or it will be tough.
- Mint and Lemon Chicken is ready to serve.
Prep Time:10 Min
Cook Time:10 Min
Ready In:20 Min
Mint and Lemon Chicken Cutlets Ingredients
1 1/4 pound(s) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh mint, chopped
- Salt and coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 bag(s) (4 ounces) baby watercress
How to make Mint and Lemon Chicken Cutlets
- Heat ridged grill pan over medium-high heat (or prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium-high heat).
- Pound chicken to uniform 1/4-inch thickness if necessary.
- From lemons, grate 1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoons peel and squeeze 3 tablespoons juice. In large bowl, whisk lemon peel and juice, oil, 2 tablespoons mint, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper until dressing is blended.
- Reserve 1/4 cup dressing. In large bowl, toss chicken cutlets with remaining dressing. Place chicken in grill pan and cook 4 to 5 minutes or until juices run clear when breast is pierced with tip of knife, turning over once.
- To serve, toss watercress with reserved dressing and top with chicken. Sprinkle with additional chopped mint for garnish.
- Mint and Lemon Chicken Cutlets is ready to serve.