Lahori Chicken Karahi Ingredients:
- Tomatoes 4 (medium size)
- Yoghurt 1/2 cup
- Oil 2 tablespoons
- Salt 1 teaspoon
- Black Pepper Powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin 1/2 teaspoon
- Dry coriander 1/2 teaspoon
- Crushed red chillies 1/3 teaspoon
- Fresh Garlic 3 cloves
- Fresh Ginger Finely cut in stripes
- Fresh Coriander Chopped
How to make Lahori Chicken Karahi
- Put the saucepan on medium heat. Add chicken to it with garlic cloves and keep stirring for 5 minutes. Add all spices and a little water so that the chicken does not stick to the saucepan. Now cook chicken for 15 minutes on high heat with the lid on while making sure that it does not stick to the saucepan.
- When chicken is half done, add finely chopped tomatoes, yoghurt, oil and keep stirring on high heat for 10 minutes.
- Once the oil separates from gravy, add ginger green chillies and sprinkle fresh coriander with some Garam Masala.
- Cover and simmer on very low heat for few minutes.
- Have your chicken karahi with Nan bread and cumin raita!!
- Secret : Use Desi Ghee instead of oil for a wonderful taste.
- Lahori Chicken Karahi is ready to serve.
Cooking time : 40 mints