Recipes for kiwi
Fruity Angel Food Trifle Ingredients
4 cups cold milk
- 2 (3.4 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 (9 inch) prepared angel food cake*
- 1 (8 ounce) carton frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can sliced pears, drained
- 1 pint strawberries, sliced
- 4 kiwifruit, peeled, halved, and thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed
How to make Fruity Angel Food Trifle
- In a mixing bowl, beat milk and pudding mix on low speed for 2 minutes; set aside.
- Split cake horizontally into thirds; place one layer in a 5-qt. serving bowl that is 9 in. in diameter.
- Top with a third of the pudding, whipped topping and fruit.
- Repeat layers twice.
- Cover and chill for at least 3 hours.
- Fruity Angel Food Trifle is ready to serve.
Prep Time: 20 Min
Ready In: 20 Min
Yield: 16 Servings
Kiwi Fruit Jam Ingredients
- Kiwi Fruit – 3 cups, sliced
- Pineapple Juice – 1 cup
- Pectin – 1 packet
- Sugar – 4 cups
How to make Kiwi Fruit Jam Recipe
1. Pour the kiwi fruit, pineapple juice and pectin in a large saucepan.
2. Start heating the mixture, and slowly add sugar, stirring vigorously, until dissolved.
3. Bring the kiwi jam to a boil.
4. Keep stirring carefully and remove the occasional foam with a spoon.
5. After 5 minutes, turn off the flame and let the jam set for about 20 minutes.
6. Pour the jam into a sterilized jar, leaving about 1/4 inch free, and cork it.
Note: A slightly sour variation can be made by adding 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice!
Kiwi Fruit Chutney Ingredients:
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Garlic (minced)
- 1 tbsp Fresh Ginger (chopped)
- 1/3 cup Onion (chopped)
- 1/2 tsp Curry Powder
- 1/4 tsp Dried Red Pepper flakes
- 5 Kiwifruit (peeled, diced, divided)
- 1 Banana (peeled, diced)
- 2 tbsp Orange Juice
- 2 tbsp Lime Juice
- 2 tbsp Malt Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp Fresh Cilantro Leaves (chopped)
- 1 tbsp Fresh Mint Leaves (chopped)
How to make Kiwifruit Chutney
- Combine all ingredients and put the mixture in a saucepan.
- Boil it gently for an hour until thick and soft.
- Stir it occasionally.
- Cool it and transfer into sterilized jars.
- Kiwi fruit Chutney is ready.