Besan ki Khandoiyan Ingredients:
- Gram flour (besan) 4 tbsp
- Onions 2 medium, ground
- Ginger/ garlic paste 1 tbsp
- Red chilies ½ tbsp, powdered
- Garam masala 1 tsp, powdered
- Fenugreek 6 seeds
- Ajwain ½ tsp
- Baking soda pinch
- Yogurt 1 cup
- Lemons 2
- Green chillies 4
- Fresh coriander 1 bunch
- Salt to taste
- Oil 1 cup
How to make Besan ki Khandoiyan
- Beat yogurt, add gram flour, ajwain, ½ tsp garam masala, pinch baking soda, salt and juice of 2 lemons and mix well.
- Add one tbsp of oil, put on low heat and stir till lightly cooked.
- Grease a tray and spread out the gram flour mixture on it.
- Cut into squares when cool.
- Heat oil in a large pan, add fenugreek, heat for a minute then add onions and other spices and stir for a few minutes.
- Pour 2 –2 ½ glasses of water, lower heat and let it cook.
- In another pan heat oil for deep frying and fry the gram flour khandoiyan till golden brown and transfer to the pan with the curry, sprinkle chopped greens and leave on low heat till the oil rises to the surface.