Recipes for khajoor
Date Pickle Ingredients:
- 500 gm Dates
- 1/2 Cup red chili powder
- 1/2 Cup garlic paste
- 1/2 Cup ginger paste
- Salt to taste
- 5 tsp Oil
How to make Date Pickle
- Soak the dates in water for 1 week, in the refrigerator.
- After 7 days, the dates will be very soft.
- Remove the seeds from the dates and then strain them.
- In a pan, heat oil.
- Add garlic, ginger, red chili powder and salt.
- Then add the date paste and cook for 5 min.
- Remove it and cool.
Date pickle or Khajoor ka Achar is ready to serve.
- 1/2 kilo Dates (Khajoor)
- 2 teaspoon fresh Ginger (Adrak), cut into thin long strips
- 4 teaspoons Salt (Namak) (level)
- 1 cup Sugar (Cheeni)
- 6 teaspoons Raisins (Kishmish)
- 1 1/2 cups or 2 cups Vinegar (Sirka)
- 1/4 cup blanched Almonds (Badam)
- 2 Cloves (Lavang)
- 2 big Cardamoms (Elaichi Moti)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground Cinnamon (Dalchini)
- 1/4 teaspoon Red chili pepper (Lal Mirchi)
- Stone the dates and cut them in halves.
- Put dates, ginger, ground spices, salt, chilli powder and vinegar in a pan and cook till dates are tender.
- Now add sugar and cook until the mixture thickens.
- Remove from the fire, add raisins, almonds slit into halves and stir well.
- While the chutney is hot pour into clean jars and cork tightly.
- Serve after 4 days.