- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded until 1/4″ thick
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons butter
How to make KFC double down Sandwich:
- Combine the flour, kosher salt and black pepper on a plate.
Add the eggs to another plate and combine with about 1 Tablespoon of water.
Combine the bread crumbs and the Parmesan on a third plate.
- Dredge the chicken breasts in the flour mixture first, then the egg wash, and finally with the bread crumbs and Parmesan.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt 1 Tablespoon of the butter and 1 Tablespoon of the olive oil.
- Place two of the chicken breasts in the pan and cook for about 2-3 minutes per side, until browned and cooked through.
- Transfer to a rack and place in a 200 degree oven to keep warm.
- Melt the remaining butter in the remaining oil and cook the last 2 chicken breasts.
- Kfc Double Down is ready to serve.