- 1 Kg Firm Red Tomatoes
- 7 Tsp Sesame Oil
- 8-10 Green Chilies
- Small Lump of Tamarind
- 2 Tsp Mustard Seeds
- ½ Tsp Asafetida
- Salt for Taste
- 2 Tsp Fenugreek Seeds
- 2 Tsp Cumin Seeds
How to make Kerala Tomato Pickle:
- Cut the tomatoes into small pieces and fry in 4 tsp of sesame oil.
- Grind tamarind and green chilies into a paste
- Add this paste to the smashed tomatoes.
- Fry mustard seeds in another pan with 3 tsp of sesame oil.
- While they splutter, add fenugreek seeds and fry.
- Later, add asafetida and remove from the fire.
- Mix this hot mix with the tomato paste and add salt.
- Allow it to cool, store it in a container and keep the container in the refrigerator.