Home / Tag Archives: kerala
Egg curry kerala style Ingrediants:
- Egg 4
- Onion 4 Medium Size
- Garam masala 1 teaspoon
- Green chilli 3
- Ginger 1 piece
- Chilli powder 1 tablespoon
- Coriander powder 1 tablespoon
- Turmeric powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Coconut 1/2
- Tomato 2
- Garlic 3 pods
- Cloves (Grampoo) 2
- Cardamom 1
- Pepper corns 6
- Oil 1/2 Cup
- Mustard 1/2 teaspoon
- Curry leaves 1 sprig
- Salt to taste
How to make Egg curry kerala style:
- Boil the egg in water with some salt.
- Grind the coconut and extract the first milk (concentrate) and the second milk (diluted).
- Warm coriander powder, chilli powder, turmeric, grampoo, cardomom, garam masala, pepper and then grind it into a paste.
- Cut Onion, ginger, green chilli tomato into small pieces..
- Heat oil in a pan, splutter mustard and then add onion, ginger, green chilli . Fry till onion turns light brown.
- Now add tomato and fry again. Add the ground paste and add the second milk. Keep it covered and cook till the gravey thickens.
- Now add the boiled eggs and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from fire and then add the first milk of coconut and mix well.
Kerala Prawn Curry Ingredients:
- 1/2 kg Prawns
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 2 tsp vinegar
- oil as needed
- a few curry leaves
- ginger garlic paste
Grind to a paste:
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 3 tsp coriander powder
- 1 grated coconut
- 1 medium sized onion
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
How to make Kerala Prawn Curry:
- Clean prawns.
- Heat oil and fry in the curry leaves.
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry for a while.
- Add the ground masala and continue to fry till the masala leaves the side of the pan.
- Add 1/2 cup water and put the cut tomatoes.
- Add the prawns.
- Simmer till prawns are done.
- Add vinegar, mix well and remove from flame.
Neyyappam Kerala Ingredients:
- Rice powder – 2 cups
- Sesame seeds – 1 tbsp
- Jaggery – 1/2 kg
- Ripe bananas – 2
- Coconut pieces – 1/2 of one
- Ghee – As required
How to make Neyyappam Kerala:
- Smash the bananas and add to the rice powder.
- Melt the jaggery in a little water.
- When it become cool, add to the rice powder along with the coconut pieces.
- Keep this batter aside for at least three hours.
- Heat the ghee in a wok.
- Pour the batter into this and fry until it is golden brown.