Home / Tag Archives: Kehwa
Kashmiri Kehwa Ingredients:
- 2 cups water
- 1 clove
- 1 cardamom
- 1/2 inch cinnamon
- 4 -5 saffron strands
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kashmiritea leaves or 1/2 teaspoon green tea leaves
How to make Kashmiri Kehwa:
- place water and sugar in a pot and put it on the flame.
- crush the clove, cardamom and cinnamon using a mortar and pestle (not in a mixie – we dont need dust) and add to the water.
- let it boil and simmer till the water gets slightly tinted with the spices.
- add the tea leaves and turn off the flame.
- cover and leave for 3 minutes I(longer, if you prefer strong tea).
- strain, add saffron and serve piping hot.
- you can add crushed almonds to it and boil it again.
- the original recipe contains a lot of dry fruits too – this is a simpler version and easier to make.
Peshawri Kehwa Ingredients:
- dried leaves of kehwa half tsp
- ilaichi 23
- cinamon (daarcheeni) 1 piece
- sugar as desired
How to make Peshawri Kehwa:
- In 3-4 cups of water add the ilaichi and cinamon and let it come to a boil.
- let it boil for a few minutes and then add the dried leaves of kehwa.
- boil it for another 10 seconds not more,strain and pour into cups.
- add sugar as desired.
- excellent kehwa is ready!