Keemay ki Kachori Ingredients:
- 1 kg plain flour or maida
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 250 gm Oil
- Warm water for mixing a dough
- Oil for frying
- 1/2 kg mutton or beef mince (Boiled)
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ginger paste
- 1/2 tsp garlic paste
- 1 small finely chopped onion
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 4 green chopped chilies
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander leaves
- Salt to Taste
How to make Keemay ki Kachori:
- Mix all the dough ingredients thoroughly in a bowl and make a firm dough, by kneading it well by hand or in a food processor. Keep set aside.
- Heat 3 tbsp oil. Add chopped onion and fry until they turn pink in color, add minced meat or Keema, red chili powder, black pepper powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder, ginger paste, garlic paste, green chopped chilies and 1/2 cup of water and then stir 5-8 minutes. After that add fresh chopped coriander leaves and cook another 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and keep set aside.
- Divide the dough in 16-20 portions and make balls by rolling between greased palms ( to avoid sticking). Once it is done cover them with a moist cloth.
- Roll out one ball of dough at a time, to approximately 7cm or 3 inch diameter. You can do this by pressing with hand.
- Place one portion of keema at the center of the circle, gather the edges in the center and pinch to seal the ball properly. Make sure that it is properly sealed it will make small bursts while frying.
- Roll each ball out very gently or flatten with your hands, to approximately 5-6 cm. 2.5 inches diameter. Continue until all kachori are ready to fry.
- Heat the oil in a large pan. Add Kachori and deep fry from both sides until it turns golden brown.
- Now Keemy ki kachori is ready to serve. Serve hot with tamarind chutney, halwa and yogurt and collect all the praise and blessings from your family and loved ones.