Home / Tag Archives: keema pulao
Tag Archives: keema pulao
Keema Pulao Ingredients:
- Mutton (minced) 200 gms.
- Basmati Rice 1 1/2 cups
- Oil 2 tbsps.
- Garam Masala Whole a little
- Peppercorns 8-10
- Cumin Seeds 1 tsp.
- Garlic (chopped) 2 tsps.
- Onions (chopped) 1/2 cup
- Green Chillies (chopped) 2 tsps.
- Ginger Paste 1 tbsp.
- Garlic Paste 1 tbsp.
- Red Chilli Powder 1 tsp.
- Tomatoes (chopped) 1 cup
- Mint Leaves (chopped) 15-20
- Coriander Leaves (chopped) 2 tbsps.
- Salt to taste
- Garam Masala Powder 1 tsp.
How to make Keema Pulao
- Pick and clean basmati rice. Soak for 30 minutes. Drain and leave aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add whole garam masala, pepper corns, cumin seeds, chopped garlic, chopped onions and chopped green chillies. Sauté well.
- Add mutton mince and cook on high heat for a few minutes.
- Add garlic paste, ginger paste, red chilli powder, chopped tomatoes, 3 1/2 cups of hot water, chopped mint leaves, chopped coriander leaves, salt and soaked basmati rice. Mix lightly.
- Add garam masala powder. Allow rice to cook over a high heat.
- Cover the pan and further cook on low heat for 10-12 minutes.
- Serve hot.
- 500 gm minced mutton
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 4 cups water
- 3 hard boiled eggs, peeled and quartered
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup tomato, chopped
- 4 tbsp mint leaves, chopped
- 4 tbsp ghee or oil
- 1 tsp ginger, minced
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp whole garam masala
- salt to taste
- Wash the rice and drain completely. Add the water and leave to soak.
- Meanwhile, heat the ghee or oil in a thick bottomed pan, preferably non stick.
- Add onion, ginger and garlic.
- Fry till onion is golden brown.
- Add all the powders and tomato.
- Fry till tomato is pulpy.
- Add minced mutton and salt.
- Cook till all the liquid given out by mince, dries up.
- Fry further for 4-5 minutes.
- Add mint leaves.
- Add the rice along with soaking water
- When the liquid begins to boil, cover the pan with a lid and lower the heat.
- Leave undisturbed till the liquid is evaporated and the rice is cooked.
- Turn off the heat;after 10 minutes.
- Gently stir the rice without breaking the grains. Garnish with egg slices and serve hot with a raitha.