Home / Tag Archives: kathal
Kathal Biryani Ingredients:
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1/4 Cup onions, grated
- 1 tsp Garlic-ginger paste
- 1/2 kg Kathal, peeled, sliced and deep fried
- 1 tbsp Coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 2 tsp Salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 tsp Chili powder (or to taste)
- 1 tsp Green chilies, chopped fine
- 1 tsp Lemon juice (or to taste)
- 1 Cup rice, boiled to almost done
- 1/2 Cup coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp Oil
How to make Kathal Biryani:
- Heat oil and add cumin seeds.
- Add onions and garlic-ginger paste. Sauté till golden brown.
- Add kathal and stir fry over low heat till done.
- Add all spices, salt and green chilies. Mix well.
- Cover and cook for about 5 minutes and mix in the lemon juice and half the coriander.
- Remove half the vegetables and layer with half the rice.
- Cover with the rest of the vegetable mixture and then, rice again.
- Put on low heat, cover and let cook for 10 minutes or so.
- Serve, garnished with the coriander.
- Kathal Biryani is ready.