Two cup white pumpkin (grated)
- 4 green cardamoms
- 1 cup pure ghee
- Twelve cashewnuts
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- One and a halfcup milk
- saffron a few strands
- the pinch camphor
How to make Kasi Halwa
- Peel off, deseed as well as reduce the actual pumpkin into really small cubes.
- Mill the cardamom with the 1 tablespoon sugar to some fine powder, filter and aside.
- Warmth 2 tablespoons associated with ghee as well as fry cashewnuts in order to gold dark brown and keep aside.
- Boil the rest of the sugar with Â¾th cup water making syrup of one-thread consistency.
- Warmth Four tbsps associated with ghee as well as sautÃ© the pumpkin for a few moments, include the saffron and also the milk.
- Simmer more than low warmth till the actual pumpkin is actually completely cooked and also the milk is actually soaked up totally. Stir and mash the actual pumpkin lightly having a wooden spatula whilst cooking.
- Include the syrup slowly to the pulp and continue mixing and cooking food. Include the ghee little by little till it’s totally soaked up.
- Sprinkle the actual cardamom natural powder and also the camphor. Include the actual fried cashewnuts and continue cooking food till the actual halwa begins leaving the sides from the vessel.
Kasi Halwa is ready to serve.