Gram Flour – 1/2 cup
- Yoghurt — One 3/4 cups
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric Powder – One teaspoon
- Soda Bicarbonate — a pinch
- Carom Seeds — 1/2 teaspoon
- Green Chillies – Five, chopped
- Groundnut Oil – Four tbsp, for frying
- Potatoes – 3/4 cup, cut in to rounds
- Onion – 3/4 cup, thick rounds
- Cumin Seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- Mustard Seeds — 1/4 teaspoon
- Fenugreek Seeds – 1/4 teaspoon
- Red Chillies – 4, whole
How to make Karhi
- Whisk yoghurt, salt, red spicy pepper powder, turmeric powder and fifty percent the gram flour inside a bowl. Maintain apart.
- Filter the other half of the actual gram flour and soda bi-carbonate together.
- Add the actual carom seeds and sufficient drinking water to create a thick batter. Beat nicely.
- Include green chillies.
- Heat enough oil inside a kadai in order to heavy fry.
- Decrease large spoonfuls from the player within the oil to get One 1/2 inch puffy dumpling.
- Cook till gold dark brown.
- Remove and keep apart.
- Warmth 3 tablespoons of oil in a pot.
- Add the yoghurt mixture as well as 120ml/7 to 8 tablespoons of drinking water.
- Bring to the boil, reduce as well as simmer with regard to Eight to ten moments, stirring constantly to avoid the yoghurt from curdling.
- Include potatoes as well as onions; cook till potatoes tend to be sensitive.
- Include dumplings, simmer with regard to Thirty-five minutes, eliminate as well as transfer to some serving dish.
- Warmth the rest of the oil (1tbsp) in a small pan.
- Add the actual cumin, mustard and fenugreek seeds as well as saute till these people crackle.
- Add whole red chillies; eliminate from fireplace as well as put this tempering within the hot curry.
- Serve warm, garnished along with chopped cilantro and combined with boiling grain.
Karhi is ready to serve.