Home / Tag Archives: kandhari
Chicken Kandhari Kofta Ingredients:
- 500 gramss of chicken mince
- tsp of cinnamon powder
- Salt to taste
- 3 tablespoon of oil
- cup boiled onion paste
- 1 tablespoon of ginger garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon of coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon of red chili powder
- cup of tomato puree
- 2/3 cup of cashew nut paste
- tsp of garam masala powder
- 2 tablespoon of pomegranate syrup
- cup of fresh cream
How to make Chicken Kandhari Kofta
- Mix cinnamon powder, one teaspoonful of salt and minced chicken thoroughly. Divide the mix into twelve equal portions. Shape them into balls (koftas). Keep the koftas aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add boiled onion paste and cook till onions turn pink. Add ginger garlic paste. Saute for a minute, then add coriander powder and red chili powder.
- Stir in tomato puree and cashew nut paste dissolved in a little water. Cook for five minutes on a high flame, stirring continuously.
- Add one and half cups of water and bring it to a boil. Add chicken koftas and cook for ten minutes,stirring occasionally.Add garam masala powder and pomegranate syrup. Correct seasoning. Simmer for five minutes. Stir in fresh cream.
- Serve with naan or parantha.
- Make cashew nut paste by soaking half cup cashew nuts in water for half an hour. Grind it to a smooth paste. You do not need to use expensive full cashew nuts, you can use cashew nut pieces (tukda).