Home / Tag Archives: Kalmi
Kalmi Baray Ingredients:
- 2 cups of whole moong dal soaked overnight
- 1 tsp. salt (to taste)
- 1 tsp. whole black pepper (Kali Mirch)
- 1 tsp. cumin seeds (Zeera)
- 3-4 whole dried red chilies
- 1 tbs. coriander (Dhaniya) seeds
- 3 tbs. besan flour
How to make Kalmi Baray:
- Rub the dal in between palms to remove skin. Add all ingredients and grind into paste-like form.
- Form flat discs and fry on medium heat in shallow oil till light brown.
- Remove and cool.
- Cut into broad slices and deep fry until crispy and a darker shade of brown.
- Serve with Mint Chutney.