- 1/2 kg kachalus
- 15 cloves Garlic (Lasun)
- 1/2 teaspoon ajwain
- 1/2 teaspoon dry orange colour
- 1/2 teaspoon Red chili pepper (Lal Mirchi)
- 1 teaspoon Salt (Namak)
- 1 1/2 cups Oil (Tel)
- All the spices of the Arbi Pickle
How to make kachalu pickle:
- Boil the kachalus till tender, but not too soft.
- Cut into thick and round pieces.
- Grind garlic and ajwain, mix salt, Red chili pepper and orange colour.
- Rub the paste on the kachalu pieces.
- Fry in oil.
- Remove from the oil, add all the ingredients of the arbi pickle and follow the same procedure.
- Kachalu Pickle is ready to eat!