Raw Banana – One and a halfcup, diced
- Green Chillies — 6, slit
- Chilli Powder – 1/2 tssp
- Turmeric Powder — 1/4 teaspoon
- Salt in order to taste
- Coconut — One and a halfcup, grated
- Cumin Seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Curd – Four cups, lightly beaten
- For that Seasoning:
- Refined Vegetable Oil – Two tblsp
- Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
- Fenugreek Seeds – 1/8 teaspoon
- Dry Red Chillies – Three, halved
- Curry Leaves — few
How to make Kaalan
- Cook the actual banana pieces inside a mug associated with drinking water, with green chillies, chilli powder and turmeric powder.
- Include salt in order to taste.
- Mill grated coconut and cumin seeds to some fine paste.
- Add this particular insert to the prepared banana.
- Blend nicely and permit to steam once.
- Lower the heat as well as include the beaten curd at the same time, mixing constantly.
- Be mindful it doesn’t curdle. Eliminate through ifre.
- Heat an additional skillet with Two tblsp oil.
- Splutter mustard seeds, add fenugreek seeds, red chillies and curry leaves and cook lightly.
- Put within the curry.
- Serve hot.
Kaalan is ready to serve.