Chicken Jalfrazi Ingredients
- Ghee 1 tablespoon
- Chicken thigh fillets, trimmed and halved 750g
- Onion, sliced 1 large
- Green capsicum, seeds and membrane removed, sliced 1
- Red capsicum, seeds and membrane removed, sliced 1
- Green chilli, chopped 1
- Cloves garlic, chopped 2
- Grated ginger 2 teaspoons
- Ground cumin seed 1 teaspoon
- Ground coriander seed 1 teaspoon
- Garlic paste 1 tsp.
- Ground garam masala ¼ tsp.
- Haldi powder ½ tsp.
- Dhuniya powder ½ tsp.
- Salt according to taste
- Crushed tomatoes 1 tin
- Water ½ cup
- Green chilli, sliced, for garnish
- Coriander sprigs to garnish
How to make Chicken Jalfrazi
- Heat ghee in a medium sized heavy based frying pan. Add chicken and cook until browned on each side, but not cooked through. Remove and set aside.
- Add onion and cook over low heat until soft and golden. Add capsicums and cook a further couple of minutes.
- Add chilli, garlic and ginger. Cook for thirty seconds. Add cumin, coriander and curry paste.
- Add tomatoes and water and simmer for 5 minutes. Return chicken to the pan and season with salt. Cook, stirring for another couple of minutes, until chicken cooks through.
- Serve, garnished with coriander, with rice.
Serving size: Serves 8
Cooking time: More than 1 hour